Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Are 3D Domains any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Ive been domaining now for over 1 year and most of my domains include '3D' in them as you can see from my sig. I would like everyones views on them and is there anything im doing wrong?

thanks

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you going to develop any of these, or are you just hoping to sell them?

If you are just looking to sell, then fresh regging .org and .net, and domains with dashes, at this stage is a little more risky than staying with .com's. Not to say they don't have value or you won't sell them, but .com's are an easier sell.

Your sig has some good 3D tech domains, particularly 3Dsmartphone.com - it looks like there are some 3D smartphones being launched. The two .co.uk are good too, popular english country code with good population.

You should start a blog or webpage on 3D technology, I'd put it on 3Dsmartphone.com and talk about upcoming launches, products, etc. (Actually looks like you've already done this, does the page get updated regularly?) Point some of your other domains to it. You can make revenues through ads and it could make the domains more attractive to a potential buyer, seeing them in use. Good luck.

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I want to develop both 3DSMARTPHONE.COM and 3DCONSOLE.COM, maybe a blog for both or something like that. Im still looking around to have someone build one for me as Im not upto scratch with it at the moment, still learning. I have had good feedback on the 3DCONSOLE.COM off a few big players in the domaining industry not to mention multiple offers through go-daddy and via my email address on the parking page I set up ( Also had 5 offers via Sedo for 3DSMARTPHONE.COM). I think the new 3D Console (the 3DS) out by Nintendo might help the cause a little, If I did get good offers I would have to sell, however I have had advice to leave it 2-3 years and it could be a gold mine (fingers crossed)!

As I am new to the game Im not sure what is the best hosting plan and where to get it from, I don't want to be tied in for 12 months or nothing and only want to pay a couple of $ a month. Ive been told to get one with 'Wordpress' on which means nothing to me at the minute. I need the hosting to be very simple and easy to use.

Any suggestions?

thanks

MC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom