Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

are domains in the "up" or "going down" phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
everything in history goes up and down- real estate, stocks, domains...
where would you say domains are now- have they peaked? is there any roll left? will they crash again soon?

just want your input - thanks

Domain Days 2024

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are in a turbulent period, neww ccTLD's, ICANN Mafia, parking payments going reducing, and yet I can only see it that this is the turbulent buffeting of an adolescent market, suddenly growing-up into a bright and strong future. In my mind we have a fair amount of climb left in the graph yet, though of course with certain undulations but nowhere near the crash of the dotcom bubble.

(All of the above though could change in an instant with tomorrow's unbeknown discoveries, invention, etc..)

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Selling high dollar "brandable" domains used to be fairly easy for me. Not anymore. I haven't had a major sale in a few years, just little ones.

WorldRadio.mobi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain Name Virtual Real Estate will only get more popular, its the mainstream exposure and $$$ pie that we need, its just that to register the domain themselves you have to get in on it early unless pay high in the aftermarket.

I think .mobi will break the dot com only psyche; which will be good for all domain extensions and domainers industry as a whole. Remember, the idea is that .mobi is a global extension for mobile devices which bring people Worldwide who can't afford a computer to the internet freedom.

Yes I agree we are only in its infancy, but that spells opportunity for us who are patiently persevering. Imagine when alot more people know about domains then there will be more a flourishing market but less available for poorer domainers.

Well I dunno about after .mobi, but for me as a domainer since January 1999 I haven't seen such a great opportunity and potential for upliftment of our whole trade as a whole with mainstream exposure to other tlds.

:blush:

Could the value of virtual real estate rise to unprecedented figures exponentially in the coming future when mainstream is thinking of buying domains? (Thank you godaddy.com for those super bowl ads as a domainer =)

Remember with a domain name, there can only be one for all 6 billion people :) I think that will have appeal to the mainstream as not only a lucrative money making asset but also as a collectible with personal content (blogs)

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two types of domains, Name domains and traffic domains.

Name domains, you have to figure the best ones have already found their way to end users. That leaves only 2nd and 3rd tier domains which naturally would not get as high of prices. Doesn't mean the price of domains has come down, just means the quality of real estate available is not as good.

Traffic has become more common and therfor cheaper. Price per click has come down because of the number of clicks available. I think you will start to see more focus on finding ways to evaluate traffic for quality rather than quantity. Figuring out which who's clicks are most likely to convert will bring great value to the person who owns those clicks, and reduce value for those who own non-converting clicks.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Value of domains as a group are going up ... way up!

With that said, some sub-sets of domains, such as .com adult, have been under pressure lately for various reasons.

However, again, domains as a group, are going one direction ... UP!

Ron

p.s. DomainFatigue- you have PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom