Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are Domains in Trouble? No, Not Quite

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are domain names heading down the hole into irrelevancy? This rather sensationalist post over at TheDomains suggests so, even though Michael ends up debunking most of the fears arising from such a claim. I encourage you to read the original post and arrive at your own conclusions, but for those short on time, here is [...]

More...

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it may change how some use domains but at the end of the day most people want a memorable keyword type domain for their businesses.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt the algorithm would totally eliminate the domain keywords, it might give a little more weight to local results for some things, but not all searches are done to find a local product or service. My guess is 'Gus' is a domain buyer looking to downplay the value of domains as a buying strategy.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I lost count of how many times domain names have been declared dead :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
".....insider information on Google’s upcoming algorithm changes, Google will soon start showing a user results based solely on his location. This means that exact match domains won’t get the preference that they do in search results anymore."

I think that's already well under way. It's a huge negative unless you desire mosty local business and local traffic to your website. It's also a serious negative to the traffic your site can get beyond its local area. Issues like that and the unlimited numbers of new tld's make me wonder if the party is over!

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
".....insider information on Google’s upcoming algorithm changes, Google will soon start showing a user results based solely on his location. This means that exact match domains won’t get the preference that they do in search results anymore."

I think that's already well under way. It's a huge negative unless you desire mosty local business and local traffic to your website. It's also a serious negative to the traffic your site can get beyond its local area. Issues like that and the unlimited numbers of new tld's make me wonder if the party is over!

What happens when companies like Valley Heating, Sunrise Flowers, Simply Cupakes want to start a business? Most small businesses are not even online yet, and there are many who want to upgrade their domain names, as web based services grow. Countless tld's many consumers these days barely get .net/.org, we all saw what happend with .xxx, will take enormous amounts of marketing to get the average joe to go to .whatever...

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I lost count of how many times domain names have been declared dead :)

me too...i'm done trying to count so i'm putting my shoes back on :pound:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom