Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Are domains like this worthless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rush

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I registered a couple of domain names that I thought might get some decent type in traffic, but they are only getting about 1 visitor a day and no revenue to speak of. Is there anything I can do with these domains or are they basically just a loss?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No reason to not be happy with that if you are sure they get 1 visit a day for more than short term? Nothing at all wrong with 1 visitor a day with new registrations. In fact, that is actually not easy to achieve and I believe 30-month is much better than average (assuming they are real typein visitors).

D

Deleted member 111831

Not enough information here to give you a good answer. I assume we are talking about an xxxxxxx.com domain with no dashes. That is a good start. If the keywords get a lot of searches (use the google adwords keyword tool to find out) then you have something that you can put a mini-site on or park at a place like WhyPark to increase the traffic from search engines.

Other than that, without knowing more about the domains than the fact that they get about one unique visitor per day, it is impossible to tell. I drop some domains that get much more traffic than this - I have others that are worth a great deal of money that get less traffic.

rush

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. Well, one of the domains is getting type in traffic because there was a developed .net site, and the .com was available. The other is a developed domain-name.com, and I registered domainname.com.

Does that help?

D

Deleted member 111831

Yes, that helps. You are getting typo traffic. If the domain earns more than $8 per year parked then you should keep it. If it does not then you might consider dropping it unless there is development value or resale value - or if you think the other sites might get a lot more popular in the future.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It really depends. I have a typo that in the past year has had 57 uniques. It's earned $48.18 from that traffic however, so more than worth keeping. I've also had typos with 200+ uniques a day in traffic make only $5 in a year if that. Value of the traffic makes as much if not more of a difference than the amount of traffic.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well now its registered keep it for a year, if it doesn't earn over reg fee drop it... simple

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered a couple of domain names that I thought might get some decent type in traffic, but they are only getting about 1 visitor a day and no revenue to speak of. Is there anything I can do with these domains or are they basically just a loss?

most of the hits you may get on newly regged domains, may come from serps, bots or whois searches.

if you regged a goodie, then later you'll get some click-thru's :)

what you can do now is make sure the parked page is optimized for the keywords of the domain, if you decide to leave it parked

or start deving a mini-site with adsense and wait

good luck

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom