Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question Are estibot leads worth it ?

This is a general or domain name related question.
Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

if...
you think about all the other new domainers
and all the other older domainers
who are all looking for leads

and if they all go to the same places to look -
then most likely all with similar names, will get similar leads.

now, imagine all the unsuspecting victims who may receive these spam solicitations in the inbox.

now, think of all those victims who already have a website and how many are willing to pay a premium price for your domain, and this is out of all the other emails they might get for similar terms.

now think about the quality of the domain that you are seeking leads for.
how is it better than what the victim has?
what benefit can you truthfully say or state that your domain will add to or enhance their business?

imo...

x4domains

Level 2
Reaction score
what benefit can you truthfully say or state that your domain will add to or enhance their business?
Personally I'd think it adds SEO to the current business,redirect utility, or expansion on their current establishment or perhaps they like it better than their current.

A better benefit for leads would be to build watchlists of taken .coms for the equivalent names in active .net and rest

Now using mass email to leads is all I can think of , I don't think any other type of advertising will sell and in general products without advertising just don't sell.

They could sell between domainers who see some value but that would be dirt cheap and so we find our selves stuck up grouped between suppliers not actual buyers , just as you see artists promoting art in groups of full of artists and not potential fans , that doesn't make any sense to me .. (that's why all niche activities groups on Facebook are totally dead regardless the thousand members)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
using mass email to leads is all I can think of ,
Hi

mass emailing is spam, and there's no other way to put it.

if... you have to solicit, at least be selective.
but you don't go buy or register the names first, then go look for leads
as that should be done in reverse.

hypothetical benefits are not tangible
and if it isn't obvious to the recipient or you don't have tangible evidence, like traffic stats
then what is benefit?

all that may be considered or discarded, because of and/or along with whatever price you're asking for the domain.

imo...

x4domains

Level 2
Reaction score
if... you have to solicit, at least be selective.
well obviously it would be selective and not a mass spam at everyone

but you don't go buy or register the names first, then go look for leads
as that should be done in reverse.
that is what im looking at now but time is critical sometimes considering high valuations that you can't just let go if found

hypothetical benefits are not tangible

they are as accurate as a hypothesis could be without us having the power like facebook to spy on users needs! At least is more ethical to put your self into the target shoes than spy on them , what do you think?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators