question Are forums dead?

ebook DomainGraduate.com
Visit nameliquidate.com
This is a general or domain name related question.

Darlington Omeh

Level 2
Gold Member
Reaction score
Xenforo is so versatile to build on.
I've always thought vBulletin is the most robust and most versatile forum software. Xenforo is a new idea to me, though I've know about its existence, I never thought it's that good.

Visit Epik

MapleDots

Level 4
Gold Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, with an overlay that pops up and disappears. We'll look more into it!
As long as it does not require an extra click like marking forums as read. I like to mark them as read when I am done and that silly window that says... Are you sure you would like to mark the forums are read. I would not click it if I was not sure.

MonetizeInfo

Level 1
Reaction score
I currently manage two forums, both on Invision Community. I can agree that in some aspects Xenfor looks better and it seems to slowly become the standard forum software used by big communities. However, I'm still happy with my Invision Community.

Speaking if forums are dead or not my answer is that depends on the niche. I couldn't make profitable an SEO forum (as most of the people moved to FB/Linkedin Groups) or are reluctant to post content on public forums but I have good success with financial forums.

Auto forums are also on a descendent path.

Other niches that work well are the niches where people don't want to post information with their own name or they need to offer detailed info which is not time-sensitive. (addictions, adult, money-making opportunities)

Here are two articles I've written regarding starting, managing, and monetizing forums.

Hope those help,

paulbain

PaulBain@PObox.com
Gold Member
Reaction score
I currently manage two forums, both on Invision Community. I'm still happy with my Invision Community.

Here are two articles I've written regarding starting, managing, and monetizing forums.

MonetizeInfo, I thank you for writing and posting those two articles. I am perusing them now, and hope to study them in greater depth later.

Visit nameinvestors.com
Visit Epik domain registrar

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panoramic
Top Bottom