Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

armstrongdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I was just wondering if anyone with experience can tell me if the Godaddy certified appraisals (the one that costs around 15 bucks and takes 2 business days to process) are worth the money and how accurate they are?

Im not looking to get one of my domains appraised as I always turn to this forum (cant beat experienced domainers views IMHO) however if I was to see a domain listed in the auctions that I dont think much of at some point, with a low price but a high appraisal value from godaddy, would it be worth thinking twice?

therunner

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the appraisal depends from many things; register stat, human's humor, etc. it could be godaddy or any other, my opinion I don't believe in those appraisals; for example; I have appraisaled english long word around 9 letters $600-$1500 and 5 letter spanish dictionary 1 word between $70-$100 :?:. follow your guts, see dnjournals; some stupid names with more than 15 letters are sold for $$$$$ or $$$$$$ without appraisal...remember,they want to show and inflate the market...for $20 or more for appraisal, 6 packs could be worthwhile:eek:k:

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Simple answer: .............. No

NO!

I did decide for the heck of it to buy one of their appraisals recently. Here are the results:

EXPRESS DOMAIN NAME APPRAISAL - 03/16/2009

Appraisal Number: 321105

Domain Name Appraisal for: FREE----------ESS.ORG

Estimated Value: $38.00 - $106.00

Provided by GoDaddy.com The #1 Domain Name Registrar

This was a very common phrase that is directly related to the .ORG extension. This term received 9,900 EXACT searches in March. I have since sold this name for $X,XXX (thus the anonymity). I also love the appraisal range. I think that I'll start a service that gives the result '$8.00-10 Million' for every domain. You registered it establishing the 'reg fee' part and 10 Million should cover anything sold to date; I believe! Frankly, the many free on line appraisals are every bit as good as Go Daddy's.

To be fair, each domain name is truly 'rare' and 'unique' which in my mind makes appraisals almost pointless. Its not as though you have five 3 bedroom homes that sold in a particular neighborhood to compare against one another. If you must have a second opinion, Sedo.com and some others are of a little value. Even with Sedo, I have a domain that they valued at $3K back when I bought a few appraisals that I have turned down $14-15K for multiple times. You really need to do the research and come up with your own opinion. Its likely as good as anyone else's.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
most cheap/automatic appraisals have no value.. IMO

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NO.

Appraisals are only a waste of time/money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom