Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Are high search terms converted to domain names good to develope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygerwoody

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I grabbed a dropped domain that is definitely doesn't look like a good domain as far as a company wanting to buy it. However, it seemed like a good/easy website do develope. Could it be worth something after developing?

I'll give an example of a domain I do not own. Feettometers.com . Definitely not a good domain name. However, the term "Feet To Meters" is searched 47,000 times per month. Would it be worth it to buy it at reg fee, slap on a quick html conversion tool that does feet to meters, throw some google ads on, and then call it a day.

Is that a good plan? Or no? Would this domain be useful at all? Or just a waste of time? The website I just described would only take about 5-10 minutes total to do. If it could make enough money in advertisements just to cover the reg fee, it would be worth it to me to own. Do you think it could?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I grabbed a dropped domain that is definitely doesn't look like a good domain as far as a company wanting to buy it. However, it seemed like a good/easy website do develope. Could it be worth something after developing?

I'll give an example of a domain I do not own. Feettometers.com . Definitely not a good domain name. However, the term "Feet To Meters" is searched 47,000 times per month. Would it be worth it to buy it at reg fee, slap on a quick html conversion tool that does feet to meters, throw some google ads on, and then call it a day.

Is that a good plan? Or no? Would this domain be useful at all? Or just a waste of time? The website I just described would only take about 5-10 minutes total to do. If it could make enough money in advertisements just to cover the reg fee, it would be worth it to me to own. Do you think it could?

posts like these can never be answered accurately

members can only guess the possibilities of what any developed domain would or could produce

though the potential for success would depend on the "commercial" viability of the domain in relation to the website you plan.

the old sayings "haste makes waste" or "you reap what you sow" and any other "quick, fast and in a hurry" thoughts about making money usually end up being fruitless.

but it won't cost you anything to heed my advice, no additional membership fee's, and no monthly fee for this "premium consultation"....

though it may cost you in the end if you ignore it :)

imo...

Tygerwoody

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The website I would create would be a bit more in depth than I described. But I was just trying to give you guys the idea.

I bought a "feetto?????.com" domain . My thinking was put a conversion tool on the site, as well providing other conversion tools. So that the user would have more value in the site. The "feet to inches" search was what I was hoping to bring users to the site. Then from there they would see other uses.

I have 5 days to cancel my domain purchase. So, i might end up doing that if it doesnt seem worth while. I have only ever canceled 1 domain before, so its not something I do very often, but if its worthless then I might. We'll see.

Any other opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom