Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Are .mobi domains worth keeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmazurjr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I amnew to trying to sell the domains I have purchased over the years. I have some very strong .mobi domains for Geo markets, but are they worth keeping? I don't see any .mobi sites when I do google searches.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want to sell, then study the market and see which extensions do sell, and which types of names are in demand.
Just saying, but we don't see a lot of .mobi in reported sales and they are not geo as I can remember.

Jdaly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Netsol has reports on what TLD's are selling, best to look there. .MOBI might have had it's heyday but they're gaining age so I would say if the domain is extremely generic hold on to it.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd like to ask what motivated you into buying mobi in the first place?

You asked; Are they worth keeping? I don't see how anyone can answer that question without knowing what they are, As devalued as Mobi is overall, many domains still hold value to some resellers who haven't quite given up on the TLD yet, mainly because their ego wont let them.

Franky, I would do everything I can to liquidate them from your portfolio.. Would you rather devote your time to selling dot com's to end users for 10K +? OR selling mobis for $10 a pop to resellers?

mmazurjr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Purchased the .mobi to get a geo domain that was already taken in .net, .org., .com. etc. Picked up maimiduiattorney.mobi, as I thought it could be developed out into a lead generation site.

I also picked up the following as possible lead generation sites as well.

browardduiattorney.mobi
browardduilawyer.mobi
floridabankruptcyattorney.mobi
floridadebtnegotiation.mobi
floridaduiattorney.mobi
miamibankurptcyattorney.mobi.

Figured they had some value, but not sure now based upon the responses here. Further comments appreciated.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I also picked up the following as possible lead generation sites as well.

browardduiattorney.mobi
browardduilawyer.mobi
floridabankruptcyattorney.mobi
floridadebtnegotiation.mobi
floridaduiattorney.mobi
miamibankurptcyattorney.mobi.

Figured they had some value, but not sure now based upon the responses here. Further comments appreciated.

All are worthless.... Mobi died a long time ago as I and many others predicted it would.

Liquidate your mobi's like I told you and start investing in domains people want, that means buying .COM's or domains that generate traffic, They wont come cheap, but the money you make in return will MORE than pay for itself.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good keywords are good keywords...period.

One of my sites that I threw together quickly is raps dot mobi.

The theme is horrible and I need to change it (not sure where those flowers came from. They were not part of the theme when I installed).

Nevertheless, it gets several thousands of visitors per month with conversion around 8%.

I have not spent much time on this site (it shows) but there is some money to be made in sites, not necessarily in parking.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@mmazurjr - I would drop the ones you mentioned above, unless as Gerry says you plan to develop them. They would be nice .com's or even .net's, but hard to resell as .mobi's. If you had something like FloridaAttorney.mobi I'd say to keep it.

The ones I have that I'm keeping are premium LLL.mobi's and one word .mobi's, and even then I sometimes wonder about renewing them. .mobi is a small part of my overall portfolio.

Aluminum Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... I have some very strong .mobi domains for Geo markets ... floridadebtnegotiation.mobi
Now might be a good time to recalibrate your SLD strength standards.

florida = very strong
debt = very strong
debt negotiation = strong
florida debt negotiation = weak (adwords keyword tool global monthly search volume exact match = 0)

Regarding TLD … .mobi is probably not a good choice when .net and .org are available …
floridadebtnegotiation.net = available
floridadebtnegotiation.org = available

mmazurjr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I have floridadebtnegotiation.com already. At one point, I was looking to bundle entire set for sale, but never did it. I have floridadebtnegotiation.com developed and it gets a steady flow of traffic for debt settlement/debt negotiation clients seeking attorney assistance. I am thinking of selling it as well.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now might be a good time to recalibrate your SLD strength standards.

florida = very strong
debt = very strong
debt negotiation = strong
florida debt negotiation = weak (adwords keyword tool global monthly search volume exact match = 0)

Regarding TLD … .mobi is probably not a good choice when .net and .org are available …
floridadebtnegotiation.net = available
floridadebtnegotiation.org = available
Wonderfully explained and assessed. Bravo.

zmonster

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like .mobi for personal first (or last) names. And if realtors (or other people who need to be found by name online) can use something other than a .com or .net, this may be a place for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom