Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are Namejet now selling domain off outside auction process, as appears to be case ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My question is, Are Namejet now selling domain off outside auction process, as appears to be case ?
I am one of 4 people with interest in buying an expiring Enom domain. It was expiring and due to go to auction yesterday but now I note that domain shows a new whois and Jens Wagner as the Registrant with date of 13th June. This is third time I have noticed this same tactic. The domain was not renewed by original Registrant but is now registered with a fresh "create" date.

DG

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can only assume that Namejet have a list of preferred buyers whom they sell specific domains to and leave the rest of us peasants whistling in the wind.

Perhaps NameJet will answer this question, but I doubt it.

DG

Last edited:

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that the original owner redeemed his name and got it back?

This process sucks as I have never been able to see why the registrar should be able to sell expired domains that they never paid a penny for and for which the old owner is leaving with no debt owed to the registrar. This whole process is arguably immoral albeit legal.

Last edited:

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No chance at all. Look at the whois for the domain below which shows a new create date;
created-date: 2010-06-13 18:15:58
updated-date: 2010-06-13 19:17:28
registration-expiration-date: 2011-06-13 18:15:58
owner-country: DE

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

I am being a bit like a drug addict speaking about his dealer here, but yes I agree with what you say.

DG

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Is it possible that the original owner redeemed his name and got it back?

This process sucks as I have never been able to see why the registrar should be able to sell expired domains that they never paid a penny for and for which the old owner is leaving with no debt owed to the registrar. This whole process is arguably immoral albeit legal.

I am being a bit like a drug addict speaking about his dealer here, but yes I agree with what you say.

DG

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NJ offers a service which you can make an offer on a deleting name, tried this, didnt work BUT was told it might by a top guy there who ultimately said they rejected the offer...why I assume its because they had 200 back orders on it lol

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now I know for 100% certainty, NameJet/Enom are hiving off domains that they,their friends or some special clients want. NameJet is NOT ethical at all im afraid as I see another domain has yet again been hived off mysetriously from Enom even though they said that it was going to be auctioned off. Then that status changed and all of sudden it is freshly registered by someone else with NO auction taking place. So nameJet IF you have an answer to this perhaps you will enlighten us ?. If you do not reply we shall assume you are indeed as unethical as appears.

DG

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I may be mistaken but like tucows when a name deletes the option remains for the company to keep it, they do sometimes and like I said can chose to sale it to anyone via their offer system. Nothing new :(

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I may be mistaken but like tucows when a name deletes the option remains for the company to keep it, they do sometimes and like I said can chose to sale it to anyone via their offer system. Nothing new :(

Yes agreed. NameJet have told me that even though this most recent domain (not the one I started this thread with but another carbon copy example) was registered with ENOM that some other registrar caught the domain . Surely if Enom own NameJet or vice versa they would not let this happoen UNLESS there was something extra/larger in it for them over the $69 ?

DG

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The only change I witnessed recently is the introduction of reserve auctions.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind: namejet is a joint venture between enom and netsol AFAIK. They only auction the domains that are released to them.
I know that netsol took possession of expired domains, actually the registrars have terms crafted in such a way that you are giving away all your ownership rights by letting your domains expire. If they repossess the domains, it becomes their property and they can do pretty much as they please. Whether they keep them or sell them makes little difference, except that they always win against domainers.

WebMaster

Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes the thread starter is right. Each day is getting more and more harder to catch something. They doing what they want then domain goes into RGP. NetSol have strong relations width Verisign, so i am not shocked about it.

I am pretty sure there are some of company owner friends who have right to choose first. :D
I remember old times then these registrars not have so much right to do what they want.

I think domain reg & renew prices will rise and good domains will be unavailable to obtain because of these greedy beasts .
Situation going worse every year width domains.

Eventually every domainer will go into real life business and then it happens all things will be as in old times.
ICANN making huge profits from new extension registration.

There no need any new extensions like .me and so on, its taking down regular domain prices, one day will be so much domain extensions so every good domain will cost couple of hundred dollars.
Lets see what happen in domain sales . I not seen any good sale.

Last edited:

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What gave it away for me with this latest domain with Namejet is that ,very briefly in the control panel it said that the auction would begin on such and such a day. I noted that clearly. Then all of sudden that disappeared and so I continued watching the domain name early June (it should have been renewed on 12th April 2010) onwards again and yet it never came back to enom. Next thing I see is that the domain is with a new Registrar (connected indirectly to enom) with a price of $500. Now I see that they play games and are not bona fide. ,in other words they want best names for themselves and sell old tat to others.

I think the most telling thing that I am correct in what I am asserting is that NameJet have not replied to this thread. I would be
very happy if they gave me a convincing reply as to why I am wrong and that Namejet could not auction an Enom expired
domain. Will they answer ,I doubt it !!! So Mr NameJet ,are you going to reply ?. . IF I am wrong I will apologise but I dont
think I am at all.

DG

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I ran into an issue at snapnames today, along the lines of our friends get priviledges and you dont, same idea in the end.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing new, I quitted dealing with Snapnames, Pool and NameJet years ago.

The industry is not regulated to protect everyone equally but to make rich richer.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker and Snapnames are the same corrupt lot,i have seen domains "pending delete" and then they drop out of snapnames and get registered,pure corruption but what can you do when the so called watchdog ICANN are just as corrupt ?

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

My question is, Are Namejet now selling domain off outside auction process, as appears to be case ?
I am one of 4 people with interest in buying an expiring Enom domain. It was expiring and due to go to auction yesterday but now I note that domain shows a new whois and Jens Wagner as the Registrant with date of 13th June. This is third time I have noticed this same tactic. The domain was not renewed by original Registrant but is now registered with a fresh "create" date.

DG

These must be the guys you are talking about http://blog.hexonet.net/category/hexo-team/jenswagner_ceo/ behind the namejet scam ?

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am watching a domain that was scheduled to be auctioned in a couple of days, but just checked again, and the date disappeared.
The domain is registered at Enom, and is parked with the following message:

"This domain may be for sale. Backorder this Domain" - which still links to namejet.

It's quite frustrating, but since the whois info is still in the original owners name, I tried sending them an unsolicited offer.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am watching a domain that was scheduled to be auctioned in a couple of days, but just checked again, and the date disappeared.
The domain is registered at Enom, and is parked with the following message:

"This domain may be for sale. Backorder this Domain" - which still links to namejet.

It's quite frustrating, but since the whois info is still in the original owners name, I tried sending them an unsolicited offer.

Exactly the same here. Namejet have long ago given up being honest and ethical I believe ,and I do note the distinct lack of any answers
posted on this thread by Namejet that leads me to believe we are correct.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom