Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Are new bids possible/visible to seller at Sedo while negotiations are open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivid

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When a domain is listed at Sedo and is currently in the negotiation mode, can other buyers place new bids for the name during this period? I have a name with negotiations being uncancelled for a few months; the name stopped getting new bids since they had started, and I wonder if that is related.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, multiple bids can be received.

vivid

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification katherine, it would be tricky to test that on my own.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im my experience Sedo doesn't prevent other offers to be sent to you while you negotiate that same domain listing, once you accept/auction ends then of course you're bound, I don't believe Sedo would present any offers to you coming thru them after that, while you wait for payment. What is worth noting is that after you accept an offer to sell (or your auction ends) Sedo won't present any offers to you whatsoever, sometimes buyers are given 30 days to pay if Sedo wants them as clients and/or sellers don't ask Sedo cancel the transaction after so many days have passed. If I were a seller I would park that name elsewhere (or at least direct that domain AWAY from any Sedo servers altogether) once you "sell" it, that way if he doesn't pay (buyer) you continue to get offers on the parked page FOR SALE link (make sure there is one) just in case people are too lazy to use or don't know about the WHOIS (for some reason in the last year or two people buying from me on Sedo and not paying later has become a little more common)

After so many days of negotiation that doesn't succeed Sedo emails sellers the offer is not binding anymore. At that point you can cancel the negotiations formally w/that particular buyer, but it's a bad idea, twice or so I've had that same person come back to me later with a higher offer and the names got sold, so just leave them there, they're not "open" as far as Sedo is concerned

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom