Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Are offers good for .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When someone makes an offer, you respond back with a counter offer. Does the original offer expire?

If not....

3 weeks ago. I had four offers on domains, which I counter offered with a higher price with in 72 hours and never got a response!

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In automated negotiations (at Sedo, for example), it's standard that once you've made a counteroffer, you can no longer accept the original offer. When you make a counteroffer to someone with whom you're dealing directly, I think he or she should be able to choose whether to honor the original offer. (They usually do, but I doubt you can legally hold them to it.)

NB: I only attended law school for 6 days, so don't take my word as official. :)

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In automated negotiations (at Sedo, for example), it's standard that once you've made a counteroffer, you can no longer accept the original offer. When you make a counteroffer to someone with whom you're dealing directly, I think he or she should be able to choose whether to honor the original offer. (They usually do, but I doubt you can legally hold them to it.)

NB: I only attended law school for 6 days, so don't take my word as official. :)

6 days is good enough for me LOL - i got 0 days in law. Thanks :eek:k:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You negate original non-formal (non contractual) offers imo by re-negotiating with a high offer...which is why you must examine offers carefully before choosing to not accept.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When someone makes an offer, you respond back with a counter offer. Does the original offer expire?

If not....

3 weeks ago. I had four offers on domains, which I counter offered with a higher price with in 72 hours and never got a response!

a counter-offer is deemed as a rejection, of the initial offer.

therefore the initial offer expires and that potential buyer's obligation has ended.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Follow-up with a counter-counter-offer and see where that ends at :D

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Follow-up with a counter-counter-offer and see where that ends at :D

just give me an offer that's high enough, to even consider counter offering.

so i won't have to keep saying...."no thanks"

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom