Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are snapnames sales exclusive or can the name be sold on dnforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
See
http://www.dnforum.com/f529/fbb-net-git-net-sale-thread-410904.html

Acro pointed out that the whois says Auction Pending
The seller replied No it is just for sale on snapnames (as well as dnforum)

If a sale is made on dnforum, while the whois is Auction Pending because the name is listed for sale at snapnames, will snapnames/moniker claim the 20% sale fee?

Anyone know the answer?

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you list a domain for sale on Snapnames you have to enter a time frame (e.g. 7 days). For the x amount of days the domain is listed for sale at Snapnames (either with a fixed price or a 'make offer' setting) the domain is exclusive with Snapnames and "can" not be sold anywhere else. So it's just a question if Snapnames/Oversee finds out or not that you've sold the name somewhere else.

Even if it's only listed for sale, the whois is set to 'Pending auction' which is very misleading imho and they don't change it back immediately after the listing has ended (I had to e-mail Moniker and ask them to change the whois).

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you pcproffenno
It wouldn't take much for snapnames to realize it was sold, considering the push would be at moniker

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain is locked until the auction time ends. Snapnames knew that name was sold because I was the buyer of GIT

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain is locked until the auction time ends. Snapnames knew that name was sold because I was the buyer of GIT

You are right. I forgot that Moniker locks it so it can't be transferred out (by other than Oversee) as long as it's listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom