Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are stats behind today or

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
has traffic to my domains suddenly fallen off a cliff?

Domain Days 2024

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Notifications on the site about this sort of thing would be nice.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have some odd news to throw in...it appears that Google has begun to sweep parked domains off its plate (and I don't just mean domains at Parked.com). This could explain the low traffic that started recently.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have some odd news to throw in...it appears that Google has begun to sweep parked domains off its plate (and I don't just mean domains at Parked.com). This could explain the low traffic that started recently.

You lost me...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Google has started to discriminate against parked domains - potentially by identifying the IP range/Parking company they are on.

There is also a new option for advertisers to turn off parked domains from their ad listings.

More and more, development is the answer. Personally, I want to see Microsoft buying Yahoo to put Google back to where it belongs.

scizza

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Not sure I understand this either. Explain??

I have seen a huge drop in both traffic and clicks today at parked as well.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I already explained it twice.

Google started to discriminate against parked pages.
Therefore, less search results that come from Google end up on these pages.

It's not just Parked.com, it's the entire parking industry that has taken a dip.

scizza

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

It's not just Parked.com, it's the entire parking industry that has taken a dip.

This we know, its just how you worded it had me a little lost.

The thing I think we are all saying is that their is a very large drop off in traffic and revenue today at parked.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google has started to discriminate against parked domains - potentially by identifying the IP range/Parking company they are on.

There is also a new option for advertisers to turn off parked domains from their ad listings.

More and more, development is the answer. Personally, I want to see Microsoft buying Yahoo to put Google back to where it belongs.

Totally agree with you Theo....it's getting tougher and tougher to generate any sort of respectable revenue from parking.....delayed stats or not!....quality scores or not!....Development is and should always be the final destination for a domain.....just like "real" real estate properties eventually get developed......:)....do u see Donald Trump or any other real estate developer/owner "parking" his property?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Donald says "You're fired, PPC!" :D

andrejc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

IMO, this is very smart move from Googe and it will definitely improve search results quality and help developed sites with real content to come to top. This shouldn't bother you if you have domains with type-in traffic which don't depend on search engines.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO, this is very smart move from Googe and it will definitely improve search results quality and help developed sites with real content to come to top. This shouldn't bother you if you have domains with type-in traffic which don't depend on search engines.

I believe it will "bother" a name with type in traffic as well...If Google's ad feeds are not on it. Am I missing something.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

You do realize that's an uneducated statement? The purpose of delving in the domain business is to increase visibility of domains and multiply revenue, not to cut off the airpipes.

It's the same when you remove the seabed where the coral grows on - after a while, fish disappear.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

This is huge news

It would certailny explain the current fluctuation in my parking income
Do you have any references for this news about google?

How about starting a thread not tied to a specific PPC company?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's not exactly "news".

What's news is that there is a pattern of parked domains falling off the "face" of Google completely. Not banned, just removed.

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Very interesting, may I ask the source of this information?

Completely agree with you on MS/Yahoo, I think the move will only increase competition, which is what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom