Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are the pool.com still in biz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the domain which expires 4 days ago and was taken somebody else. I even didn’t got any notification from pool.com where it was backordered, only big sorry from godaddy.

The funny thing this domain was at godaddy and they loose it to catch, before I thought the registrar have the priority in backorder operations!
Now I need to find another high traffic domain for the biz I want to start.

Just thoughts aloud..

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You backordered it at pool, but they didn't get it?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really can not understand the question.
if a domain expired 4 days ago, it could not have been taken by anyone, as there is a certain time after expiration that the name is reserverd, and after that, there is a grace period.
did you lose a GD domain to pool.com?
as I said, I cant understand the question, and hence fail to be able to help.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, to anyone why don’t understand, I was short.

The domain was backordered 3 or 4 weeks ago on “Redemption Period”, mach longer before it becomes bold in pool control panel what means “pending delete”.

This domain was at godaddy and since I have the account there I have backorder the same domain at GD hoping that the registrar have more chances to get it from ITSELF.

Actually Godaddy failed to snap it and have sent me notification about it, but from POOL there is no answer till now.

The reasonable question is why they are sending me daily letters with auction marketplace but the domain I was waiting to and ready to pay much more that basic $60 fee I loose.

The winner is somebody I read first time – nokta.com

Now I don’t see any name to be expired in one year with same quantity of traffic for a biz I want to start. I am nor angry I am in rage!

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Andrei73 said:
The reasonable question is why they [Pool] are sending me daily letters with auction marketplace but the domain I was waiting to and ready to pay much more that basic $60 fee I loose.

Pool probably win somewhere between 5% and 35% of good names on any given day.

The other 95% to 65% go to the other good catchers like enom.com, snapnames.com etc.

Godaddy.com probably get well under 1% of good names. They don't have any higher chance for being the registrar, UNLESS, you back order the domain with them BEFORE it goes into RGP.

This is just how it is.

If you are angry, then you just need to learn and move forwards. Neither Pool nor Godaddy have done anything "wrong".

Good luck for next time, but be prepared to pay a lot of money if the domain gets lots of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom