Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Are there certain types of tools out there for instant registration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, ive been told that some people have tools where they can register domains instantly, is this possible and how does the tool work?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by instant? Like type it in, click the "register" button and BAM, it's registered (no offers for extra domains, add-ons, plus automatic payment etc..)?

With GoDaddy, it is a rather long process:

If you're logged in:

Type it in (click)
It is available - suggests add on domains (click)
1-2 screens for add on hosting etc. (click / click)
Confirmation screen (click)
Payment screen (click)

Done, add in one or two more clicks if you are not logged in.

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Draggar, no not like that at all.

He explained it like how people have ebay tools on their desktops and can beat a bidder to the last milisecond. He claimed there are tools that allow you to register a domain where you somehow set the tool up, im assuming you have to have your personal and bank details filled otherwise i dont see how it could possibly work and apparently, the minute a domain becomes available, it registers it for you

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Drop serices. Pool.com, NameJet, etc..

But they charge a premium for this ($60-$70) and it is not always a guarantee.

If it is a good domain, these are your best bet (and bid with many, you only pay the one who gets it for you).

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So basically you can get all of them on the case, if they dont register the domain for you, you dont pay? If one of them does, you pay their premium.

Also what would these guys do differently to what I would have done anyway.

I.e. one of the domains im after has passed its expiry date but of course you wait is it a month from expiry before it is dropped?

Normally id wait until it drops and then register it, would these guys do the same?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, if non get it, you don't pay and the one that does get it, you pay (unless more than one person backordered it through them then it goes into auction).

Easy - the drop catch services have dozens of registrars all trying to get the domain, multiply that by the number of backorder / drop catch services you try to get it with (and not all may have the domain). You are just one person. :)

I'm sure there is software that can do it for you somewhere, but I doubt it is cheap.

Averroes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you think its worth getting these guys to do it for me or shall i stick to traditional methods of waiting for it to drop and register myself

btw if a domain has expired say today 19th september, when is it that it drops (obviously if the current holder does not re-register it)

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One-click used to be popular. Many registrars had it set up so if you had a credit card on file and default info, as long as you were logged in you could click register and it was done.

Not sure why they fell out of popularity. Perhaps it was the add-ons. Perhaps the drop catchers. I remember being up at 4:00 am and registering by email, trying to send 100 emails off the moment a domain said available so it would auto-register. Those were the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom