Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Are things going to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matvey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is Dnforum.com ever going to get the makeover that it needs. The site needs a brighter look to it than it ha sright now, its draws people away.

I post a thread in here and its there like 6 weeks from now. In a way thats good but its just proof of how inactive everyone is and its mainly due to how the forums are set upa dn how the forum looks.

Whats the deall with this and when will it be changing?

Not trying to pick on the forum that much but I say it becaus eI like the people here 10x better than most other domain communities and it sucks to see it all go down and down and down.

Upvote 0

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the colours dont really bother me at all

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't really understand your grammar, though one thing that does need to change is the "Similar Threads" listing at the bottom. If you own a domain name today that is worth X,XXX and it was being sold in '02 for XXX, this is going to ruin a sale.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the owner likes the look and feel of the forum it is really not your business to try and impose your view on it Matvey as the owner is the one who decides that.

Just guessing since the forum is more commercialy targeted than other boards (what with the ads and marketing) that it goes more hand in hand with the brighter design than a more subdued look would.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't really understand your grammar, though one thing that does need to change is the "Similar Threads" listing at the bottom. If you own a domain name today that is worth X,XXX and it was being sold in '02 for XXX, this is going to ruin a sale.

agreed 100%

notice though that a search for 'example' often won't bring up any results, where 'example.com' will, so using the 'example(.)com' may get around this

Matvey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont know what was going on with my grammar either.

I change dit a little bit.

Im just saying when I first came to these forums ti was a greta place to be going between the chat and the boards and coming on and having 3 -5 private messeges a day..... but now I see none of this and there is like nobody replying to threads.

I am just saying that if the site was put up diferently that it would definately atract mroe people back and myself and I know a few others that would be very happy again.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont know what was going on with my grammar either.

I change dit a little bit.

Im just saying when I first came to these forums ti was a greta place to be going between the chat and the boards and coming on and having 3 -5 private messeges a day..... but now I see none of this and there is like nobody replying to threads.

I am just saying that if the site was put up diferently that it would definately atract mroe people back and myself and I know a few others that would be very happy again.

Are you drunk? Anyway, the layout of the board has nothing to do with sales/replies/PMs. I keep hearing everyone bitch about how sales are down etc..I haven't seen a decrease in sales since 2005. Maybe its just the quality of names are going down?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'd like to see more nude Playboy bunnies as part of the overall motif.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i also have a similar suggestion dnforum wants a makeover i think a new main page the web2.0 look a fixed forum style if u know what i am talking about and a new forum skin will do it i think and it will be awesome to see the changes i think

Matvey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats mainly what Im talking about.

carltonleon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The site looks fine to me.

It is easy to navigate and all the relevant info is right at your fingertips.

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like the design of the site and there are many feaatures on the board.

Just a couple of things that could probably be explained more:

When I first registered, without upgrading, it said I was 'gold' and I kept getting the message "why not make my first post today... it's free to post..." or something like this. Yet I could never post, but was still getting this message.

I think that there were 2 types of gold at that point, or the membership privileges had just changed... This was very confusing for a noob.

Also when I went to the memberships - there was no price next to the memberships. I had to press buy/upgrade or something, and was then taken to the paypal page where I could see the price. I had to therefore press buy for each of the memberships to see how much they were.

The prices should be next to the membership plans.

The dnf$ and bank thing isn't explained really. Although I've managed to add an avatar and upgrade and get verified... certain steps I had to guess with, so I don't think that it is intuitive, or there should be easy instructions.

Maybe the best thing would be for things (like itrader) to be explained in the registration email...

I'm not bashing the site in any way. I love it. In fact it has inspired me to change things on my new vB communities in future.

Mg

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i rarely visit the forum other than to read a few threads every few weeks because im sick of the broken promises this community brings, staff never sort anything out, to be honest i think its disgraceful for a paid community

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing I would change is the color of these GREEN Smiley's! :lol:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, stop complaining and go sell some domains.

Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom