Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are you kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen the upcoming adult auction on August and subscribed few domains. None of them was accepted because "The domain did not sufficiently fulfill the quality criteria necessary for the auction venue."

Now, let's see their "quality criteria". They have accepted on that auction domains like singelsearch.com (Reserve price range: 1,000 - 4,999 EUR) and hard-core.de (Reserve price range:1 - 499 EUR).

And are you saying my domain ----.com doesn't "sufficiently fulfill the quality criteria"?

Are you kidding?

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedo's acceptance criteria are based on the appraiser's personal appreciation of a domain. I had the same response for the jobs theme auction a few months back. After calling them on the phone they accepted the domains.

About ***.com I think you overpaid at NJ ;)

Last edited:

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When this is your job and you are paid to evaluate the domains, you should do a modicum of research. Of course there is a personal appreciation, but the *facts* (extensions taken, traffic, keyword search etc.) should prevail.

Maybe Lisa will forward this issue to the responsible SEDO guys.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Andrei, I am not so sure Sedo or Moniker auction personnel really evaluate domains based on criteria utilized by you and I and other experienced domainers. There seems to be a quick screening of names and thus acceptance or rejection of domains is subjective and rather mechanic.

About the domain in question, I would have stopped at $1,500 unless I planned on developing it.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Andrei, I am not so sure Sedo or Moniker auction personnel really evaluate domains based on criteria utilized by you and I and other experienced domainers. There seems to be a quick screening of names and thus acceptance or rejection of domains is subjective and rather mechanic.
Yes, it's possible.

About the domain in question, I would have stopped at $1,500 unless I planned on developing it.
I don't have any development plans. However, I'm quite comfortable with the paid price :) If that auction would take place again, I wouldn't have any problem to buy the domain again.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm sure many people submitted domains to this and other auctions and were rejected.

i submitted some to the career auctions and got rejected, but it wasn't a big deal

i viewed some of the names so far in the adult auction and would say based on those listed, that your domain would not be considered as adult related.

reason: it is too generic and not specific to any particular adult activity or exposed body part that would normally be covered-up in print, tv or internet media.

imo...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't have any development plans. However, I'm quite comfortable with the paid price :) If that auction would take place again, I wouldn't have any problem to buy the domain again.

And that's why you won the auction ;)

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i viewed some of the names so far in the adult auction and would say based on those listed, that your domain would not be considered as adult related.

reason: it is too generic and not specific to any particular adult activity or exposed body part that would normally be covered-up in print, tv or internet media.
Yes, I agree with you when you say my name is too generic. It's only a bit related to the adult industry :) But I've submitted that name only after I've seen that singelsearch.com accepted on that auction. IMO that one is almost as much adult related as it's mine.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps singelsearch as type-in traffic.

foxecon

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had xxxmovie.tel rejected.
Any thoughts on why this one wouldn't fit an adult domain auction?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I had xxxmovie.tel rejected.
Any thoughts on why this one wouldn't fit an adult domain auction?

Because the TLD is worthless? That'd be my guess.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps because .tel is not even a real TLD ? Just my guess.

bigfishion

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting if SEDO, BIDO, Moniker and whatever other auction house would place the list of domains that were NOT selected online for everyone to review. That would give feedback to both the sellers whose domains weren't selected as well as buyers to see what additional domains are available for sale.

My guess, however, is that this will never happen because it would expose the arbitrary manner that domains are chosen. Everyone here has submitted domains for sale that were 100x better than ones that were ultimately auctioned.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We've all have had rejection, I remember a year ago in a bar there was this blonde girl... oh sorry got off topic.. :focus: I've had domains rejected or been asked to lower the reserve prices too... lets be real about it... of course they missed some great domains (of mine). We all think we have the best stuff.

Best Advice: Don't take it too personal, just go out and prove them wrong.

JMO

Good Luck
:yo:

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We all think we have the best stuff.

Best Advice: Don't take it too personal, just go out and prove them wrong.

Not the best, but my rejected domain was 1000x better than the domain Sedo initially accepted on their auction: singelsearch.com

And guess what, that domain has been removed from their adult auction recently :p

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting if SEDO, BIDO, Moniker and whatever other auction house would place the list of domains that were NOT selected online for everyone to review. That would give feedback to both the sellers whose domains weren't selected as well as buyers to see what additional domains are available for sale.

My guess, however, is that this will never happen because it would expose the arbitrary manner that domains are chosen. Everyone here has submitted domains for sale that were 100x better than ones that were ultimately auctioned.

Bido lets the members vote on what goes to No Reserve auction, you can log in anytime and see what was submitted, vote for your favorites, or also see what is falling off the cliff with no votes.
We don't publish the stream of whats not being voted on, once they fall out of voting they are blackholed so to speak. We tend to focus building Bido around what is being voted on and put the efforts of our product creation to maximize the sales of those. Thats an interesting idea to publish an archive of the domains that didn't get enough votes, thanks. In the meantime, please do your part and vote for the ones you want to see go to auction.

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

On one occasion I submitted about 300 domains to a Moniker/Snapnames auction and had none selecteed - on a second occasion, two were selected but unsold (drinkto.com was one of them).

I had about 45 names submitted for the Aug adult auction, of which three were selected (incl. cougarcam.com) but unsold.

I have never sold a name at auction, and only one through Sedo. all my other sales (only about half a dozen - max US$10K for 3gforex.com) came as a result of direct emails from buyers.

Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom