Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Are you on LinkedIn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I joined LinkedIn a while ago now and thought nothing of it until recently, but have now found that it is perhaps one of the best business social tools available, suddenly I can research easily possible 'contacts' - so much so that I have found it to be a great way of literally expanding my reach into areas where previously I had absolutely no contacts.

If you are an existing member and want to 'link' then just look me up under 'Bill Roy' or here and send a link request.

If your not a member of LinkedIn.com may I suggest that you consider becoming one, free membership is available.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not on, but have received plenty of 'requests' to join.

but when you can count how many domain names you've sold thru those 'contacts', please let me know

:)

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you join, do you have to provide a list of your email contacts so LinkedIn can try to persuade them to join?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd say consider it important for your own career outside domaining if you're not a F/T domainer, I'm not sure you can expect much of a result strictly in domaining on LinkedIn, although there are groups, and many require permission from the leader. The problem is, who can pay $19.99/mo (reduced from the previous $24.95/mo)? I have yet to see a promo or discounted membership advertised, that's $240/y, so unless you need considerable networking (or you happen to be both un/underemployed AND your profession is high-paying) their membership is way too much money. And you need that "intermediate" level to be able to do anything, view full profiles for ex. And there are two even more premium ones if you have money to burn ( the highest is $900/y..... any CEOs roaming DNF these days ?.... gee, for 900 bucks a yr I'd demand a cyberlapdance every time I log in, and by a model of my choice....:cool: )

Bill Roy, you have the $19.99/mo plan (at least), right ? Because you cannot do anything w/the free one, it's so limited that you feel you're just browsing the site and being shown a preview, but great if it's working for you, especially for domaining leads

I look at it like the opposite of Ebay. In my early days in 08-09 I bought/sold a few decent names on Ebay but mostly I bought and sold just cheap names, but the fact that Ebay does not protect the customer and totally ignores you when something goes wrong drove me away after a couple of scams, not big ones. And the quality of the names listed there was usually sub-standard, you might as well come here, or go to GD Auctions, pay a little more but have solid deals. LinkedIn OTOH is too exclusive for most people for the cost factor. And it looks like many domaining entities there are actually businesses specializing in marketing, e-commerce, etc

Last edited:

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have joined LinkedIn and see at least a couple of domainer groups on there - "Domainers" and "The Domainers Network". Anyone know if these are worth joining, and/or if there are any other good ones? Thanks.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Linked In is priceless, it is Huge for finding the right contacts and I have sold over 1 million dollars in domains by finding the right person to approach.

For those that don't want to pay for it, you can use corporationwiki.com for free and it gives great info on company staff and execs.

If the company is public, use yahoo stocks as it lists the execs and their salaries.

Adam Dicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom