Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Around 120 Domains Stolen/Hijacked from GoDaddy & Moniker

Status
Not open for further replies.

eCommando

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My domains were stolen from my GoDaddy.com and Moniker.com account last week. So far about 118 domains in total.

The perpetrator used a similar approach to what was discussed in this Blog.
http://blog.domaintools.com/2007/09/alert-more-stolen-domains/

My contact email was changed to very similar looking emails.
I have records from GoDaddy of the contact email changes that they initiated. The domains were then transferred out to a different registrar.

I contacted Moniker, and I was able to recover all 66 of my domains from Moniker within 1 day.

As for my GoDaddy names, my GoDaddy account executive gave me the list of the 52 names that were transferred out around August 26. But he told me that since the domains were transferred to dotregistrar.com, they no longer have control to those names.

I contacted DotRegistrar.com & Dotster.com and gave them the list of names that were fraudulently transferred to them. For some reason, the whois info for these names are not showing up.

The whois for the domains that were transferred to dotRegistrar.com is showing "NOT FOUND".

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
give us the remaining domains that u r stolen so we wont buy any of them

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have an account manager at godaddy who will call me to confirm changed to my account...do you have an account manager who you can work with here?

eCommando

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
yes, I do have an account manager at GoDaddy. He doesn't call me for any of the account changes, but I can call him and talk to him. But regarding this situation, he says that GoDaddy doesn't have control over those names because they were already transferred to DotRegister. I gave dotregister the information already and they said they are investigating the issue.

I have an account manager at godaddy who will call me to confirm changed to my account...do you have an account manager who you can work with here?

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they are investigating the issue then it means the domain names are locked. Hold tight, dont lose your cool. If they take more then a few days, contact them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom