Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Around the World in 7 Days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SedoCoUk

Sedo would like to invite you to embark on a journey across some of the world’s greatest global and travel-related domain name terrain. This “Around the World in 7 Days” Sedo auction will allow you to harness your inner explorer, and stake claim on the secondary domain market’s finest real estate.

Exciting names available via this auction will include:

• Milan.net
• Sevilla.com
• Glasgow.com
• be.net
• xian.com
• Iraq.com
• Dubai.net
• Wales.net
• Tourism.co.uk
• Iran.com
• Kosovo.com
• Motels.info

View the full list of the domains up for auction here.

The auction will begin at 2:00 pm EST (8 pm CET) February 13th, 2008 and will end at approximately 2:00 pm EST (8 pm CET) February 20th, 2008. Place your bid and leave your mark!

Happy Bidding!

Monica

Mahouni

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lots of amazing geo names! Especially Xian.com ;)

S

SedoCoUk

Hello Everyone,

This is just a reminder that our Around the World in 7 Days Geo Auction is ending in less than 2 days!

To get in on the bidding, just click here!

Good luck!

Monica

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's a great "themed" auction that we should see more of in the future. However, what did Sedo do to promote it outside the domaining circles? In my opinion, auctions such as this require a lot of lobbying of parties that would be directly interested e.g. business bureaus, governments, institutions, political parties etc. There are lots of bids but none of the names with a reserve have actually met it.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh my god! dubai.net for 140K Euro!

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's a great "themed" auction that we should see more of in the future. However, what did Sedo do to promote it outside the domaining circles? In my opinion, auctions such as this require a lot of lobbying of parties that would be directly interested e.g. business bureaus, governments, institutions, political parties etc. There are lots of bids but none of the names with a reserve have actually met it.

According to my contact at Sedo there was printed material made for those domains submitted in time. Although domains were being accepted after the due date for print.

Now I have not seen the printed material, nor have any idea who received copies. Would like to know myself how this was organized as I have domains in the auction with low reserves hoping for high end-user exposure. Traffic to individual auctions seems very low for a highly saturated online travel market.

I agree with you that it is a great themed idea. There are lots of great domains there with low to reasonable reserves.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I joined the auction on the eve of its start and I am not sure how "printed material" would have helped in that respect.

S

SedoCoUk

Thanks for the suggestions Acroplex.

We're definitely taking them into consideration! We always appreciate any constructive feedback anyone may have with regards to our premium/themed auctions.

Please feel free to respond here or PM me with any other ideas you may have!

Thanks,
Monica

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's time to take down the auction banners ;)

Incidentally, where can one find a list of the domains that got sold during the auction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom