Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Article About Selling Web-Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice article, i agree to almost everything mentioned except a question:
'How long has your website been around?' used to determine a value :)

To my personal point of view, how long does a website has been around is not a problem. The problem is how well does he or she perform within that period.. This should be counted in as a SEO fee :)

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab said:
What about the 12X price. We sell here standard at 24X.

That depends. You can even sell your website up to 36x if it has a bigger market value. For example if you run a website with a large traffic on adult, gaming and technology, you should sell it at lease 36x higher. Coz, anyone who buy that site can easily turn its traffic into high paying revenue with little advertising expenses.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what do you mean strengthening your agrument, you havn't made any statements? ... some sites sell at 1X some 3X some 100X - it all depends - there is no rule ... if you have a site that averages 10,000 uniques and you have never tried to capitalize on it, meaning it isn't making any money ... does this mean the site is worth $0? No.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
exactly, there is no predetermined formula that works for pricing websites, I have sold some of mine at 10 months revenue and others at 40 months revenue...

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab said:
You are strengthening my argument. The question is, does there exist 12X sites?

LOL ... i thought that you want to hear other ppl opinion on the articles given. How could i possibly strengthening your argument while there is none?
As ppl know, buying and selling website is not FOREX trading, there is no fix rate on it, but there is fluctuation! Sometimes you sell high sometimes you sell low.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namewaiter said:
what do you mean strengthening your agrument, you havn't made any statements? ... some sites sell at 1X some 3X some 100X - it all depends - there is no rule ... if you have a site that averages 10,000 uniques and you have never tried to capitalize on it, meaning it isn't making any money ... does this mean the site is worth $0? No.
Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom