Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

ASIADONATE.com -- Ideas Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Busedo.com

I have asiadonate.com. I would love nothing more than to give as much money as possible to asia victim's families. 150,000 casualties and rising, this is a sick time for them. I just would like some ideas on what I should do with the domain. I could make a site with links to donations, etc. What would be the best alternative? Thanks everyone!

Best Regards, and God Bless,

BuSeDo inc.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My feeling is very much leave it to the established agencies who are already setup for relief and who people already know are there. The more extra sites coming online the more it gives the opportunity for scammers to thrive - leave it alone is my advice.

B

Busedo.com

Yes, but what about a site with links to those established relief funds. I mean I have to do something with this name, it is a good name. I mean scammers that have a name tsunamirelief.com, and selling it for 50k saying you are going to give it to charity. That is a scammer. EBay should ban his name as I read what went on with that there.

Best Regards,

BuSeDo inc.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just making lots of sites confuses and gives opportunity for scammers to setup similar sites - we honestly don't need this type of site, it only helps the site owner.

B

Busedo.com

I highly doubt making a site to support relief funds to Asia is going to hurt anything. I have only seen a couple of sites, that forward links to donation sites. That is simply what I would want to do. I paid for the domain, so why not use it. I do have some say in it?

Best Regards,

BuSeDo inc.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Busedo.com said:
That is simply what I would want to do. I paid for the domain, so why not use it. I do have some say in it?

Best Regards,

BuSeDo inc.

QED

B

Busedo.com

What does QED mean? Did I do something wrong? Your a moderator, and I am a paying subscriber. I guess that means I am warned for something.:-\ I'm sorry if I made you feel bad as you have a tsunami relief site in your sig. I am just trying to do a good thing, and me putting links on a nice site for people to go to, can make things better. Or sell it to someone that is very dedicated to this type of work.

Best Regards,

BuSeDo inc.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No no no - QED IS NOT A WARNING!

"Q.E.D." (sometimes written "QED") is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" ("that which was to be demonstrated"), a notation which is often placed at the end of a mathematical proof to indicate its completion.

In other words I am saying that your comment proved what I was saying ie that you would probably be the only one to benefit from your use of the domain.
I don't want to hijack your thread so I will stop now but I firmly believe that you should not use it - what you decide to do is up to you.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Busedo.com said:
I have asiadonate.com. I would love nothing more than to give as much money as possible to asia victim's families.
Hmm, according to your post from earlier today at http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=77393 (also quoted below), you are also looking for offers for the domain ASIADONATE.com??? (As well as for the super-classy names 'Tsusami.com' and 'Tsusami.info' (both reg'd Dec. 30 2004))

Busedo.com said:
If anyone are interested in these domains please PM me offers.

asiadonate.com
canbluff.com
cantbluff.com
magazinestate.com
noreaster.info
tsusami.com
tsusami.info

These are all registered at godaddy right now.

I have prices set already. Please PM offers and I will respond.

Best Regards,

BuSeDo inc.

B

Busedo.com

Alright maybe I can find someone who can put this to good use. This is a good donation website. I mean there are some domain websites out there that are bad. ie-- www.becc.org.uk for an example(not a real website), but something similar to that. They could transfer that over to asiadonate.com and that would make things much more better. I am not trying to corrupt this name, because I am one hundred percent for everyone in asia. God Bless all of them and there families, because they have and are still going through hell. Sorry about the QED. Just when a moderator types an abbr. It could mean bad things.;-) Thanks! I'll see what I can do with this name.

Prosperous-- Yes I was accepting offers on it. I would give most if not all of the money to Asia, but then I thought I could maybe benefit by making a website with links to donation areas. Now I think of it, maybe someone else has a good place for it, as I said with some of the not so good urls, could take this one, and possibly get more traffic and donations. tsusami.com, and tsusami.info, they don't exactly have to be about tsunami victims, as there is a website tsunami.com that is a company, currently taking donations. I don't have to sell it now, I can wait until the news slows down, and then sell it. I am a Domain Broker, and Seller, I am just trying to get a feel on what people are offering out there.

Best Regards,

BuSeDo inc.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Prosperous said:
Hmm, according to your post from earlier today at http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=77393 (also quoted below), you are also looking for offers for the domain ASIADONATE.com??? (As well as for the super-classy names 'Tsusami.com' and 'Tsusami.info' (both reg'd Dec. 30 2004))

woops :rolleyes:

Don't post asking for advise if you don't appreciate the advise given.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh puleeeeeaaaaze!

Anyone who is privately "collecting money for people in Asia" is a scammer. Even if by some wild chance they have good intentions, it is an unecessary middle man between donated funds and legitimate organizations conducting relief work.

If you are as noble as you say, park these domains, don't take money from people, and don't let someone who would use them to scam get their hands on them.

Vivvy

B

Busedo.com

JESports-- Thank you. I did get alittle carried away. I just thought the domain name was decent enough to get some traffic.

Vivvy-- Finally someone who helped me out. Thanks for the idea. That is all I wanted to know. I didn't know if parking it would help out, or just be hurting myself. Thanks Vivvy. :)

Best Regards,

BuSeDo inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom