Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

asian traffic.. supported or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi sedo.. is domain parking (ppc ads) supported for traffic originating from asian countries? ie; japan, china, korea, etc... i read a while ago in here that you were already supporting chinese/korean (or planning to do so in the near future) i don't remember really... but i just want a straight forward response, yes or no.

there is an option to select chinese as the "Language of Domain" when listing/parking the domain but from my own and many other peoples experiences who i have chatted with.. chinese traffic is still not being counted/paid for by sedo parking... for example, i have a chinese domain that is receiving around 10k typeins daily..... yet sedo only shows 50.... a big big difference... obviously there is some filtering and dismissing of traffic going on... so to set the record straight, one more time i ask.. is domain parking supported for chinese, japanese, korean traffic or not?

thanks in advance :)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo are one of the only companies that use geo targetting of PPC. I get a lot of traffic from Asia and I have not noticed a huge difference.. at least they pay something.. most others dont..

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
Sedo are one of the only companies that use geo targetting of PPC. I get a lot of traffic from Asia and I have not noticed a huge difference.. at least they pay something.. most others dont..

well, i am glad things are working out for you.. but i have noticed rather "huge" differences when it comes to stats.... 10,000 visitors and 50 visitors is quiet a difference don't you think :cheeky:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
From my understanding, Sedo filters out considerable traffic based not only on locations but on other criteria as well.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
From my understanding, Sedo filters out considerable traffic based not only on locations but on other criteria as well.

well, all ppc companies do to a certain extent.. that is a given... but all i am saying is that the chinese traffic i am talking about should be getting counted and ppc revenues as well.. here is sedo's latest post regarding asian traffic that i was able to pull up;

02-10-2005
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=73711

Sedo accept all sorts of international traffic. We currently supply Chinese ads and are working to support Chinese IDNs. The Asian market is a rapidly-growing market and we are concentrating on maximizing our services for Chinese and Korean traffic. We now have Chinese and Korean customer support!

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
And pigs can fly.

hmm.. :huh:

i'm just trying to get to the bottom of this.. this needs to get cleared up once and for all, they stated that they serve ad's in chinese and google does have an ad inventory in chinese as well so i don't get it... what is going on here? i want answers! hehe :smartass:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Mike, see my other thread about Sedo not counting all the beans - and my traffic is not even from China.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
radistar, i went through it.. interesting... but you have to keep in mind that there is a whole lot of bots out there crawling the net.. if your domain has link traffic then there is a pretty good chance that it is getting visited by them pretty often.. whatever precautions sedo takes.. results in those visits being dismissed i suppose every now and then... but besides the point.. the revenue is what one should be concerned with, if a certain domain is really under performing over at sedo whereas it was doing 2x better somewhere else and all of the stats are down then something is definitely wrong then.. but the traffic numbers alone.. no big deal really, every ppc stats varies according to whatever rules/policies they have in place.. i have found on many occassions ppc1 will display 100 uniques for example and ppc2 will display 150.. then with a different domain ppc2 will display 100 and ppc1 display 150... its weird stuff... but it is happening and not much you can do but to keep testing out your options and whatever does the best you stick with of course'

now, my case.. its 100% high trafficked typeins/typos.... i am sure the problem is not with sedo stat counting but rather a bug or restriction that was never lifted.. i'm sure i am not the only one experiencing this with chinese traffic.. they do fine with korean and japanese.. no complaints with those

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
mike031 said:
radistar, i went through it.. interesting... but you have to keep in mind that there is a whole lot of bots out there crawling the net.. if your domain has link traffic then there is a pretty good chance that it is getting visited by them pretty often.. whatever precautions sedo takes.. results in those visits being dismissed i suppose every now and then... but besides the point.. the revenue is what one should be concerned with, if a certain domain is really under performing over at sedo whereas it was doing 2x better somewhere else and all of the stats are down then something is definitely wrong then.. but the traffic numbers alone.. no big deal really, every ppc stats varies according to whatever rules/policies they have in place.. i have found on many occassions ppc1 will display 100 uniques for example and ppc2 will display 150.. then with a different domain ppc2 will display 100 and ppc1 display 150... its weird stuff... but it is happening and not much you can do but to keep testing out your options and whatever does the best you stick with of course'

As I explained in my thread, there are 3,230 inbound links to that domain (former active website). My referrers show that these 80-90+ daily uniques are real visitors. Sedo does not acknowledge 50% of these uniques, making me wonder how many of the CLICKS actually get thrown out. I'd love to test drive other PPC providers and that'd be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

S

SedoCoUk

Just a quick word on this:

We do have Chinese parking pages. However currently we are not able to optimize domains with Chinese keywords since part of our software can not handle the characters. So all parking pages show up with a Chinese version of the portal page. We do pay for Chinese traffic although there are still not that many Chinese advertisers with Google. However, we believe that a large portion of our Chinese parking pages are blocked by the Chinese internet authorities.
As I have mentioned before on this forum, we are very dedicated to the Asian markets and have Chinese, Korean and Japanese customer support to deal with the flood of new customers in the region. We are working towards providing a extensive parking system but it will take time to build there.
We do realise that a lot of traffic from China doesn't get counted but it is also a fact that a huge percentage of junk traffic comes from there as well which heavily affects stats.

I'll keep you posted as our forays into the Chinese market continue.

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Ed

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Ed! I know all about China blocking your guys name servers... But you see, I am hosting my domains on my own web server and simply url forwarding to the sedo static landing page.. And your stats are incorrect... Instead of 7,000 - 10,000 visitors per day (as shown in webalizer, on my own server) i get 40-50 according to you guys.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
However, we believe that a large portion of our Chinese parking pages are blocked by the Chinese internet authorities.
Could you kindly elaborate on this a bit more? Thanks.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Could you kindly elaborate on this a bit more? Thanks.

"China" banned sedo's name servers about a year ago.. fabulous and enom name servers were also banned about the same time... they don't like ppc/parking services i guess??? the traffic never makes it to any of the above ppc providers/name servers.. the only way to catch the traffic is to host it on your own web server and url forward wherever.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you think thats bad.. my ISP here in the UK (BT.. one of the worlds largest telcos) blocks out the sedoparking.com IP every now and again.. once I had no access to it for 5 weeks..

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
Hi Ed! I know all about China blocking your guys name servers... But you see, I am hosting my domains on my own web server and simply url forwarding to the sedo static landing page.. And your stats are incorrect... Instead of 7,000 - 10,000 visitors per day (as shown in webalizer, on my own server) i get 40-50 according to you guys.

I too have many high asian traffic domains and i do know ppc nameservers are banned from china. I host those domains in my server and do a url forward to the respective domains in sedo.

Sedo and other ppc, didnt capture the traffic. My stats and those ppc stats have a great difference. Obviously it is the ppc provider filtering off the traffic not the banning of their nameserver since i am using my own nameserver.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a large amount of domains, that traffics mainly from Korea and Japan.. there must be some way to cash in on this traffic... has anyone looked into Asian PPC companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom