Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Ask.com goes mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly it's not ask.mobi. I wonder why. They chose to use mobile.ask.com instead. Is this going to be the trend? Time will tell.

Newton

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excellent, thanks for that .. added to

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i checked the who is of ask.mobi and it was registered in may 2006, by some broker i think

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Ask.mobi" a premium name. I think that Ask.com will eventually reg it, since its much shorter than mobile.ask.com. Who knows..

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly it's not ask.mobi. I wonder why. They chose to use mobile.ask.com instead. Is this going to be the trend? Time will tell.

This will have to be the trend where the .com owner can't get the .mobi. May even turn out to be the norm. If only you could register 'mobile.' :)

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
everybody hates .mobi

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

even though some corp's have bought into .mobi, why would "ask.com" want to confuse it's customer base, by trying to brand a .mobi name.

they still are trying to get "ask.com" accepted in the public's mind after dropping the "jeeves".

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Pathetic troll

i understand your anger was coused by irrational perception of reality and some frustration point , how many you registered ?:bounce:

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My anger wasn't "coused" by anything. I'm just sick of hearing people b**ch about .mobi. I just wish that we could all discuss the pros and cons, instead of non-stop trolling from the haters.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My anger wasn't "coused" by anything.

the anger- is emotional condition which causes from big emotional instability and frustration, and i would never advise anyone, who is suffering from this condition to participate in high risk investments, rather- keep money in retirement account

:banplease:

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
even though some corp's have bought into .mobi, why would "ask.com" want to confuse it's customer base, by trying to brand a .mobi name.

they still are trying to get "ask.com" accepted in the public's mind after dropping the "jeeves".

this is very true on a couple levels and shouldnt be ignored.. first is what was already mentioned above about not wanting to confuse the public with whatever current campaign is going on, and ask.com is a prime example.. i remember that silly jeeves thing they were doing back in the dayo..

secondly,the dot-mobi registry reserved all these premium names and im sure---without even checking on it that 100% of them are registered dot-coms.. not all the owners are not going to be the same... while some .mobi sites may try to mimick the .com version (assuming they have different owners, and without getting sued) the visitors will likely notice that some are two completely different websites and maybe even completely different content (other than just formatting to be better suited for mobile device).. confusing at best and doomsday at worst..

on the flip side angel666, i own 500+ mobis, and i am not the least bit disconnected with reality.. theres a couple things that could happen here..

1. lose all or most of your money because .mobi goes nowhere and you were too stupid to sell a few eary or thought they were for sure gonna be worth 5k each 'someday'

2. pay off whatever you registered or bought with the sale of your other .mobis, and slowly but surely have premium, free .mobis in your portfolio. (the is the MOST likely to happen to smart investors)

3. .mobi actually takes off (at least for a little bit) and people with premium .mobi's get a bunch of money.

if you choose option 2 you could end up wasting your time, which isnt fun. But it could also lead lead to option 3.. but most of all thank god it didnt lead to option 1, right?

think outside the box danielson..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom