Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Attack On Internet Called Largest Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

mef666

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
cool one..

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting to know that an attack was made on all 13 root servers -- apparently they only succeeded in bringing down all but 4 or 5. Obviously someone was trying to disable the entire Internet, and almost did so.

Don't you love how the article goes on to tell the attackers how close they came? :sigh:

"A longer, more extensive attack could have seriously damaged worldwide electronic communications, the source said.

... if the hackers sustained their hour-long strike a bit longer, Internet users around the world would have begun to see delays and failed connections. "

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any chance it had something to do with someone wanted to register those few good domains?..wasn't that same day that lotto.com was coming available?...I could be wrong on the day, me forgets. Probably has nothing to do with it, didnt read the article yet.

RMF

H

hyperi0n

Originally posted by kidkool
lotto.com and those other names are not dropping. they are transfers

kidkool.....what do you mean "they are transfers"?

Transferred from who to who, and why?

Internic says lotto.com is in the NSI registry and the NSI registry says "Domain not found locally" (dropping) although it does list Name Servers. To make matters even more confusing, the root servers and NSI whois both list different name servers for lotto.com none of which have a corresponding entry (the name doesn't resolve).

SO.......what did you mean by they are transfers and who actually owns this domain????

:confused:

Darkfire001

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm, Domain gatherers attacking servers lol. I really expect alot more of these attacks in the future since its easier for terrorists and less dangerous.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If, by conspiracy, a person or group wanted to aquire particular domains by eliminating the competion. In shutting down particular areas,some areas would always have to be open in order to carry out the operation.You must have access, in order to make inaccessable.

However,I could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom