Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Auction buyer Reneging ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well it has now been 72 hours and my buyer has not came forward for the purchase of a domain on 3/2/03
Other members have also told me this same member has not responded to there pm's or emails as well. :upset: What do we do other members ? You know who I mean.
DP

Upvote 0

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yup ... I echo the remarks of DomainProfiles, we are two (out of three) individuals who "sold" our domains to a certain individual on Sunday night, 3/2. No response to ANY PM's or Email's!! :eek:

Very unfortunate.
Thanks for your thoughts, and comments. I think you'll see others ("sellers") post here, as well.
:cool:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that sucks - i hate those kinda ppl

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two of my domains were "bought" in the last auction, one by "phpcoder21" and one by "Keev".
After 72 hours and repeated emails and PM's neither has responded and paid for the domains or explained if they have a problem.
I now withdraw any obligation I had to sell these two names and retain ownership of them.
I also encourage the Admin/Mods to ensure that these two individuals are prevented from selling/bidding/posting unless there is a compelling reason why they have failed to complete.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are some people who are determined to try and ruin this - but we will fight as hard as we can to weed out the bad from the good. This is still new - and it's going to take time though.

However - enough of the kid gloves. For anybody else who hasn't even gotten a reply within the specified time frame (much less a transaction) go ahead and post the person's name and the details of the auction.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same buyer as stated above, phpcoder21 has not replied to my pm's or emails and has "viewed" in message tracking as being read. Let's weed'em out. :upset: They know better.
I just noticed this member even has three domains listed for the upcoming auction on 3/9/03 :uhoh:
DP

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainProfiles
Same buyer as stated above, phpcoder21 has not replied to my pm's or emails and has "viewed" in message tracking as being read. Let's weed'em out. :upset: They know better.
I just noticed this member even has three domains listed for the upcoming auction on 3/9/03 :uhoh:
DP

phpcoder21!!! Same as others. This makes me sick to my stomach, to be honest. And having the nerve to LIST three (3) more for 3/9 is very, very disturbing. :upset: :uhoh:
Trying to stay :cool: here! Grrrr.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phpcoder21

DP

That sucks - if those names are allowed to stay that makes a complete mockery of the auction, if not the entire forum.
I can only assume that the Admin/Mods havn't spotted them yet and that they will remove them in due course.
:mad:

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure they will spot him now. PM sent to the general. :yes:
DP

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am sure they will spot him now. PM sent to the general. :yes:
DP

Well done, DP! These listings (3) cannot be allowed at the 3/9 "Live auction", IMHO.
Please keep me posted! :)
Thanks.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, the members names are still listed for this Sunday's auction coming up, I wonder if anything is being done.....:depressed

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, the members names are still listed for this Sunday's auction coming up, I wonder if anything is being done.....:depressed

I dunno ... I just saw (3) $9.00 listings for Sunday, 3/9! :confused:
Grrrrrr.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought maybe by this being a paid membership program some things might change ? It does'nt appear that the moderator(s) are going to do anything with this member who breached the rules. I am not going to take another chance this Sunday with the same type member having three domains on auction. Count me out this Sunday's auction untill the member pays up or his domains are removed from the auction listings. :upset:
DP

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys need to lighten up and eat more bran. It's not the end of the world if your $4 name didn't get paid for. You still have the name. I didn't get this excited when I paid $800 for an Ebay domain name and never got it.

I just paid for the name I won, at the last auction, last night. The seller accidentally turned off PMs. I had to email him to complete the sale.

Remember once you chop someone's head off you can't sew it back on. I can bump this guy to Silver but then he can't use the PM system to resolve what needs to be resolved. We've had several cases where people had valid reasons for their delay. Including a case involving the beloved founder of DNF, Dan.

I'll go ahead and reduce this guy to Silver but those of you that have been left at the altar need to email the guy and make him aware of this thread.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Grrrr ... I am actually eating raisin bran right now (with sliced banana in it)!! :D Honestly. Hopefully that'll help me interpret the rules a bit more clearly.
Until then, I am staying :cool:
Thanks.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The $ 4 domain has nothing to do with it. My concern is that why should the member who broke the rules be able to list more domains for sale. I don't care if it was a 10 cent sale on the domain. If you are going to ignore pm's, e-mail, as though nothing even happened, then bran would not resolve anything.
If the buyer would even return an email or pm & say he needs another week or so then no problem. Its not about $, its about integrity, & not just for myself, but other members in future auctions.
DP
Maybe this should not be a rule under the auction guidelines if it has no meaning;
* Once a domain name has been sold the transaction should be completed within 72 hours.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With the greatest of respect to Gregr, the owner, and others who feel that $4 is no big deal - I agree $4 (or $5 x 2 in my case) is no big deal and yes I do still have the names.
However I dont believe it matters whether it's $1 or $1000, if a person is not prepared to observe the rules of the auction and cheat - yes cheat at least 3 members then he has no place being allowed to participate in the auction.
It is not a case of bran, raisins or anything else, it is a matter of responsibility on behalf of the members AND the Administration.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all, is there any rule for payment must use paypal fund and not Credit Card fund through paypal ?

Let's say if the domain sold for $1, the seller just receive $0.41 and maybe just $0.31 if the buyer is International account, because there's transaction fee for payment with Credit Card Fund.

Looking for your input.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a copy of the rules as posted on the site:-

Rules for Auctioning Names:

Any name you list for auction must have at least one month of registration remaining

You will be able to add your name(s) here following each auction until Friday at 3:00PM CST.

No transfer fees will be allowed. If the registrar of a sold name does not offer a push option or the seller can't provide login information, the buyer will need to submit for transfer to his/her registrar at his/her expense.

Until further notice, each Friday at 3:00PM CST, names with $1.00 starting bids will be randomly sorted and placed on top. The remainder will be randomly sorted and follow the names with $1.00 starting bids.

After Friday 3:00PM CST, no changes can be made to listings and they cannot be removed. Don't tell me you already sold the name because I'll tell you to buy it back.

In order to buy or sell domain names in the auction you must be able to complete any sale with Paypal.<<<

For sales exceeding $500, if either the buyer or seller requests to use escrow, Escrow.com will be used and the fee will be split.

A 10 and 15 second timer will be used. 10 seconds without an opening bid and we move to the next name. After the initial bid, 15 seconds without any bids, Sold!

Minimum Bid Increments will be 1,2,3,4,5,8,10,12,15,18,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,60 up to 250 then in 25s to 1000 then 50s

Once a domain name has been sold the transaction should be completed within 72 hours.

Any attempts to cheat the auction system in any form or fashion will result in permanent banishment from the DNForum.com site.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mr Webname.

I've confident that I'm not the one who broke the rule.

My name sold on auction, but I denied CC payment made.
Then I reply to him / her and ask him / her to add transaction fee if he / she want to complete the transaction with CC payment or change the payment option with paypal fund.

He / she never respond.

Am I wrong here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom