Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Auction irregularities.

Should phpcoder21 and other auction rule breakers be banned from the auction?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At the last Sunday night auction phpcoder21 "bought" several names and has since failed to pay or communicate with the sellers - a clear breach of the auction rules.

He now has 3 names listed to sell for this Sunday's auction.

Should he be permitted to engage in any future auctions, having clearly broken the rules and having still not rectified the situation?

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't vote myself, as it's a management decision.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lats
I didn't vote myself, as it's a management decision.

Whilst that is of course true, all members who use the auction are affected by such conduct and therefore should, rightly I believe, be able to voice an opinion - ESPECIALLY now that this is a paid membership!

wyvern

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has he been back to the forum since the auction? If so, and he hasn't rectified the situation, then he ought to be out of the auctions.

But if he hasn't been back at all, then perhaps there is a problem on his end that has made reply impossible....injury, sickness, etc. In that case, perhaps the benefit of the doubt should be given.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I voted "Yes", obviously ... I was one of the seller's seemingly burned from the 3/2 Live auction by this person. I have received no reply to my PM's, the "buyer" has been back to the site, has listed three (3) domains for sale for the 3/9 Live auction ... and I'm sick to my stomach over this! I agree with MrWebname, time to BAN this person!! :upset:
See you.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll cut and paste what I put in the other thread. :)

You guys need to lighten up and eat more bran. It's not the end of the world if your $4 name didn't get paid for. You still have the name. I didn't get this excited when I paid $800 for an Ebay domain name and never got it.

I just paid for the name I won, at the last auction, last night. The seller accidentally turned off PMs. I had to email him to complete the sale.

Remember once you chop someone's head off you can't sew it back on. I can bump this guy to Silver but then he can't use the PM system to resolve what needs to be resolved. We've had several cases where people had valid reasons for their delay. Including a case involving the beloved founder of DNF, Dan.

I'll go ahead and reduce this guy to Silver but those of you that have been left at the altar need to email the guy and make him aware of this thread.

Did I mention Platinum members are the greatest. :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Copied and pasted from other thread, as well: :shy:

Grrrr ... I am actually eating raisin bran right now (with sliced banana in it)!! :D Honestly. Hopefully that'll help me interpret the rules a bit more clearly.
Until then, I am staying :cool:
Thanks.

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
'' It's not the end of the world if your $4 name didn't get paid for''

thats right...4 $ !!!!!!!!!!!

i was late also for 3 days. and i paid about 400$ for 4 domains
but still...4 $ ?
we have to focus as platinum memebers what we want to do and earn from this biz that we make here.
me personaly, i don t care for anything below 300$..otherwise its not biz
its waste of time
i would prefer all my domains that worth less than 300$ to put them in a ''domain platinum members union'' try all together to develop them and if we earn some serious money..not4$...we ll all go for a weekend in a tropical place....
after all i try to make serious money from this for my self..
thnx Tassos
forgive my english..my greek are better:cool:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With the greatest of respect to Gregr, the owner, and others who feel that $4 is no big deal - I agree $4 (or $5 x 2 in my case) is no big deal and yes I do still have the names.
However I dont believe it matters whether it's $1 or $1000, if a person is not prepared to observe the rules of the auction and cheat - yes cheat at least 3 members then he has no place being allowed to participate in the auction.
It is not a case of bran, raisins or anything else, it is a matter of responsibility on behalf of the members AND the Administration.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
You need to read my whole post. Not just the bran part.

I don't see anything that I missed.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Catch22 - demote him to Silver and he won't read messages.

How about an email and disabling their account until they log back in?

If anyone remembers, I won a domain for $4 and the seller didn't honor the sale, he wanted to charge for the handing over of the domain.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by timechange.com

If anyone remembers, I won a domain for $4 and the seller didn't honor the sale, he wanted to charge for the handing over of the domain.

I don't remember that. :laugh:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Admin for upholding the auction rules by removing the names of the "offender" from the auction.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Thanks to Admin for upholding the auction rules by removing the names of the "offender" from the auction.

Yes, thank you! Please remember, however, if he/she (phpcoder21) ends up bidding and winning on your name(s) on Sunday, 3/9 you are likely to suffer a similar fate as me, DP, and MrWeb! Sorry.
Thank you.
:cool:

Edit 3/9: Spelling error corrected only! :eek:

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes for repeat offenders otherwise NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom