Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Auction name rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not complaining, but maybe DNF Management can come up with a weighted list for the names on auction...meaning if there are 20 people selling name, you have at least 1 name in every 20.

Example...

Name-Maker has 10 names in the first 70 names for sale
Sharpy has 8 names in the first 57 names for sale

My first name is number 73!

Anyway, I'm not bashing anyone and I'm not upset...just pointing out something that I thought might need tweaking.

:)

Upvote 0

sornman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All the $1 starting bid names are randomly sorted on Friday afternoon. Then listed after those are all the domains with a starting bid of > $1, randomly sorted. It is just the luck of the draw. Sorry!

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yea, I know...all my names do start at $1...but unless there is an incentive to list at $1, I'll just start them at $20 and if it's only a few more names to wait then maybe that's the better way to go.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TopNames.com

Name-Maker has 10 names in the first 70 names for sale
Sharpy has 8 names in the first 57 names for sale

My first name is number 73!

73 is not bad at all. Some peoples first name is after 300. Like Sornman said, the luck of the draw, and this auction is huge.

Good luck Top!

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who knows.... next time you may get #7 -&- #3 (instead of #73). Such is the random system.

Good luck. This is going to be a blast tonight! :)

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, since we can't manage to introduce a little parity on the $1 domains, I'll just start them at a higher price.

Thanks guys and good luck to you too!

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
Who knows.... next time you may get #7 -&- #3 (instead of #73). Such is the random system.

Good luck. This is going to be a blast tonight! :)

Yea, but that would not be fair either....

Anyway, no biggie :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
73 is probably ideal. At that # there will probably be about the max # of bidders logged in.

tino

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought it was more like "Save the best for last". :razz:

Tino

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just as an example, the average sale price of slot #1 from Jan 25 thru March 9 is under $6.

The average sale price of slot #73 from Jan 25 thru March 9 is over $13. So I don't think it matters, as long as you have good names.

Also Ken, Name-maker and I have 20 names in the auction at $1.00, you have about 10, that would increase NM &S's chances of being drawn in the early slots.

I realy think it's luck of the draw.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Sharpy,

Please don't take my post wrong...I'm not upset with anyone and I'm not bitchin...I just thought it would be nice to list the names in a snake like fashion.

Example (based on 20 sellers)

If Gregr has name #1, his next name is #40, then #41
Sharpy has name #2, his next name is #39, then #42
TopNames has name #3, his next name would be #38, then #43
and so on...

Anyway, it really does not matter because I can just bump my start price a bit if I'm worried. :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TopNames.com
Anyway, it really does not matter because I can just bump my start price a bit if I'm worried. :)

The only thing I would caution about on that Ken is that if you look back through the auctions that have occurred, names starting above $1 rarely sell. I would guess that over 90% of domains with the $1 opening bid sell, whereas less than 5% of name starting anywhere above $1 end up selling, even if they have reasonable opening bids (which many do not). Someone with more incentive than me might work up the exact percentages.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

The only thing I would caution about on that Ken is that if you look back through the auctions that have occurred, names starting above $1 rarely sell. I would guess that over 90% of domains with the $1 opening bid sell, whereas less than 5% of name starting anywhere above $1 end up selling, even if they have reasonable opening bids (which many do not). Someone with more incentive than me might work up the exact percentages.
I think he is afraid that one of his good names will end up selling for only $1, because it is near the end of the $1 auctions, so by placing a higher minimum bid, it's okay if it doesn't sell.

I wouldn't worry about that too much. No ones gonna let a great name go for a buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom