Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Auction starting a week late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if snapnames has a time frame which the name is to go to auction with their priority partner NetSol.

There was a name I tried to snap that was to be released on Jan 27th 2007.

The name is regged at NetSol so there should not be a delay.

The name did not actually get released until today Feb. 5th....and now I am one of two bidders...the other being Bonkers2 (I am screwed as bonkers 2 buys everyname dropped at snap names no matter the price)

Does snapnames wait until there is a second bidder on names they believe worth more than $60? This just seems unfair to me if they do. If they don't do this, why did they wait a week or so to release the name? I am a little soured by my experience here.

Any insight on this?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update:

Snapnames contacted me and were genuinely concerned with what was going on with the auction I mentioned above.

After researching it, Snapnames told me the followimg:

1. The registrar partner for this name was not Netsol, actually another registrar partner.

2. Confirmed that Register partners have no access to how many people or who is bidding on a name dropped from their registrar. So they cannot wait to drop it when the see more than one bidder.

3. They confirmed that the 2nd bidder (Bonkers 2) got their bid in before the Jan. 27th, original auction date.

4. They are looking into the reason why the registrar released the name a week late.

I am extremely impressed with Snapnames.com's professional customer service and genuine concern about what was going on with the auction I mentioned.

Makes me feel better about all the money I spend on Snapnames. Thanks.

1901gt

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This bonkers guy need to be stopped. >_<

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i just tried my first go at getting a name from snap today, i thought i was the only 1 going for it, then bam it goes into auction and yes bonkers is highest bidder with $2050 lol. thats me out

1901gt

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i just tried my first go at getting a name from snap today, i thought i was the only 1 going for it, then bam it goes into auction and yes bonkers is highest bidder with $2050 lol. thats me out

Lol :lol:

1901gt

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering who Bonkers is? Probably a guy from working for Snapnames? He seems to be bidding for everyname and at any price. Is he Bill Gates or something?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Bonkers gets most of the names I want...they have deep pockets...don't see them as snapnames...Snapnames would not need to risk something unethical like that, they have a really good thing going.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bonkers is real - he's based in Venezuela.

DaJackel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bonkers takes everything I want.

I say we take him out... ;) haha

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ya know...every once in a while, bonkers throws me a bone and let's me get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom