Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Authentication Issues using Firefox, can't manage domain portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Problem: I can login to my Moniker account using Firefox, but I cannot use any of the "My Domains" related pages. If I try, I get the following message:

Authentication Error

Invalid access detected.

Nonetheless I am still logged in. My username and accountnumber are shown in the top left part of the page.

I am using Firefox 3.0.13 on Windows Vista.

The message appears when I click:
- "My Domains" in the menu bar
- "xx Domains with Moniker" on my account overview page
- "X Domains Expiring in 60 days or less" on my account overview page
- "My Account" => "Payment Methods"
- "My Account" => "Payment Options"
- "My Account" => "Login History"

The message does NOT appear when:
- "My Account" => "My preferences"
- "My Account" => "My Email preferences"
- "My Account" => "Security Settings"

I did not try other links, but this is already very severe.

To my surprise I was able to navigate to "My Domains" using Internet Explorer (IE8) on Windows Vista.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Umm.....works fine here but using firefox 3.5.2 on a mac...sounds like a you issue.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is someone from Moniker reading this? Please respond, I can't open a support ticket.

I got on the phone with Moniker today but my phone battery ran flat. They could not reproduce my problems, and as a software developer I know that bugs that are hard to reproduce are also hard to fix ... but:

I found a clue and I really think the issue is caused by the Moniker website software and only surfaces in some rare circumstances.

The clue is that _ALL_ pages starting with https://www.moniker.com/do/ are causing problems and _ALL_ pages that start with anything else work just fine. My hypothesis is that the /do/ pages use a slightly different kind of authentication that causes the problems I experience.

shantee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello

I am having the same problem with moniker

I could not open a support ticket (their system really sucks)
I have been asking them to fix it for three weeks, but they do nothing and now they don't answer my emails.
I am loosing hope and i have 3 domain names immobilized for 3 weeks (i need them of course)

How did you solve this problem? did anyone encounter the same problem ?

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

ok i was desperate found the solution...for some reason their website doesn't work with firefox (and opera)..so using chrome ficed it for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom