Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

available 'domains' domain to get you started

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the newbies,

If you are in need of a domain to serve as a home for your fledgling domain portfolio, blog or etc., I have such a list of a few dozen available 'domain' and 'name' domains. (e.g. _____Domains.com and _______Names.com) Think adjectives like 'super' 'awesome' and 'great' (though not quite nearly that great)

of course those exact names are long gone, but did put together a list of hundreds of superlatives, scanned them and there are still some half-way decent ones in there.

If you have the money to spring for a better domain you can find on the aftermarket, then thats worthy of consideration, to get started on the right foot, dont make the mistake to settle for a half-assed hand registration. That said, for those that don't have the luxury, you are BOOTSTRAPPING baby

BUT, I feel bad when I see a domainers portfolio domain like CoolURLs4u.net :disappointed:

I'll be honest, my first portfolio domain domain for my reseller website sucked balls also. I had the wrong mentality, which is why I want to help you do better! :smilewinkgrin:

rules apply:
1. you have been domaining less than a year
2. you are not asking for the list so you can try to buy a domain to flip. you must genuinely want it for yourself and USE it
3. if meet criteria 1 & 2 above, PM me for the list
4. pick only ONE to register (and leave the rest for others)
5. any other rule i think of to add later :)

happy domaining!

Last edited:

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, my first portfolio domain sucked balls also.

No, No, you got it all wrong. The domain names sucked to begin with. Their "portfolio domain" has nothing to do with it. Those domain names you are referring too are better as reseller websites not a landing page for your portfolio.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, No, you got it all wrong. The domain names sucked to begin with. Their "portfolio domain" has nothing to do with it. Those domain names you are referring too are better as reseller websites not a landing page for your portfolio.

sorry if my linguistics are off. portfolio domain = reseller website. i.e. the place to showcase/sell/list your domains for sale, domain you can use to correspond w/ and contact end-users (joeblow@_____domains.com )

floname

Hopeless Domainiac
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I admire what your doing HomerJ..

That's what I believe DNF is all about.

If anyone does see the list, show a little "honor amongst domainers" and reg just one..

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very noble Homer, only if everyone was as kind as you and not so out for themselves and wanted people to get off on the right foot- this world would be a better place. Amen brotha. Lord knows I blew close to grand on stupid @ss names my first few months. You live and you learn.....

I remember my first two hand regs DNdiscussions com and DNdominator com LOL I thought I would start this awesome blog/forum with DNdiscussions. I still should, too back I lack lots of technical knowlede, and time.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fwiw, and fyi, GreatestDomains.com is right now up for auction at BargainDomains and only at $50. (not my domain btw)

edit; oops, was going to post the link but when i looked its not there so i guess its sold already

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try FB. Lots of newbies there. Btw I need your help Homer.

timbury

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Homer, I think it's a very nice thing you're doing. I reg'ed RightDotCom.com with the intent of selling domains. Everyone says the same thing: "Be a great name if it was Right.com." Of course, I already knew this and right.com was long gone ere I got to it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Homer, I think it's a very nice thing you're doing. I reg'ed RightDotCom.com with the intent of selling domains. Everyone says the same thing: "Be a great name if it was Right.com." Of course, I already knew this and right.com was long gone ere I got to it.

Careful with tm issues; Right.com is a corporation.

timbury

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oy! Thanks for the heads up. It never ceases to amaze me how someone can trademark common words in the language. :(

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Homer: Just an FYI - Melly is in the hospital for a few days and probably won't be around until the weekend or next week.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's double pneumonia. Talked to her earlier and she said she was recovering , would be there about 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom