Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

intro Back At It..

This thread is a member's introductory post on DNForum.com.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been off this site for a few years or so, only coming on every so often. Most of the domain veterans know me, I'm still domaining, been doing it actively for years. Mainly focusing on end user sales for the past 1-2 years since that's where the money is at..not much money in domainer to domainer sales as I used to do for awhile. I've been making a living from domains solely since 2007 so there is money in it, you just need to know where to look. Anyway, good to be back and I'll try to stay more active this time.

Also, I get several emails a day asking what tools I use, as most of you know I've never been hesitant at giving assistance to newbies. Now that I mainly sell to end users the tools I use are domainindex.com, Godaddy expiring auctions, Signals, domaintools.com, webboar.com and a few others. Contact me if you have any questions.

-Rock

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back :)

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good to have you active again Justin...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome Back!

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice to see you back:)
if I may ask, do you passively sit on your names and wait for offers or do you actively contact end users?

RedMustang

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back and thanks for sharing the tools you use. Any additional tools that you would suggest?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Rock,

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice to see you back:)
if I may ask, do you passively sit on your names and wait for offers or do you actively contact end users?

I actually do both..for the past few years I acquire domains on the drop and on forums, then I try to sell them for about a week, if I don't get any bites they go into the "fault" and are sold passively.

Someone had asked which parking company I use, I currently use DNS, I feel its the best domainer platform out there right now. I used to use Namedrive but have since switched all of my domains to DNS.

Last edited:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back and thanks for sharing the tools you use. Any additional tools that you would suggest?

Right now I mainly acquire domains from Godaddy, probably average 3-5 a day and I use saved parameters to find domains that I scour by hand then I broaden those parameters to and I use bulk tools on domainindex such as the domain extractor and the mass tld check to find domains that are sellable to end users.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Signals, I believe the site is getsignals.com, is a really handy tool, it allows me to see when people open my emails, how many times they open it, etc, and its they offer a Google Chrome extension. I actually switched to Chrome after discovering this tool, I believe the membership costs me $10 a month. I also use Phone.com, have used them for years. It allows me to have a tool free number and I have that number forwarded to my cell phone, then if I am unavailable it will forward them to voicemail, its really a useful tool that I find very handy. It's a great alternative to giving out my cell phone number.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have asked, I made around $10k from selling domains to end users in June 2014. I paid around $550 for all of the domains. This is a job for me, I have my own office space, I leave home everyday and go to my office to solely sell domains, I've done this for years. The hardest part is learning which domains will sell so that you can purchase those domains and sell them for profit..obviously.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great to see you back Rock - I'd been wondering where you'd been these last few months & years.

You're not only a great domainer and good person to do business with, but also an invaluable asset to any online community such as this one with the vast amount of knowledge you so willingly share.

Cheers

WhiteLight

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back. It is nice to see you again.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators