Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Back Orders going to Fixed Price each time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmdpmd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 domains caught by snapnames recently which were on my list. Each time instead of going to auction, I have received a message from them saying the domain is now available for a fixed price (for $1000s).

Is this a new model of theirs? I.e. nick my ideas for decent dropping domains, catch them, then offer to sell them back to me for way more than I would have paid in the auction?

If so, I need to remove all my pre-orders from them.

Paul.

vikrantjain22

Vik
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has been happening on a regular basis for some time now and back-ordered names instead of going to a closed group auction are being offered on a First come First served basis with the asking price in thousand's...
Strange

pmdpmd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suppose it is no skin off their nose. If they get no takers at the fixed price after a few months they could then offer it at auction. They know they have a list of at least one person who will pay at least $59.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i backorder dozens of names daily and have never come across this. are you sure you aren't talking about domains people have listed for auction on snapnames?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Afternic DLS Premium promotion is interfering with Snapnames backorder service. You can't backorder any names listed with Afternic DLS Premium Promotion. Some of you are getting the e-mails because the owner of the domain listed the name at Afternic with DLS Premium listing.

pmdpmd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I checked the WHOIS on these domains and to be fair it looks like they didn't just drop. They must have just been listed for sale at snap names and it just happened that the registrant (traffic names) had 2 of the domains I have back ordered (I only have 200 backordered and they are mostly obscure, so this is a fluke I think). Out of interest, the 2 domains were parading.com and crazyodds.com.

So perhaps I am unfairly knocking SN after all!

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never come across with this. I have backordered many domains.

I think someone caught the domains you preordered and they listed at their marketplace and snapnames inform you about this.

vikrantjain22

Vik
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Afternic DLS Premium promotion is interfering with Snapnames backorder service. You can't backorder any names listed with Afternic DLS Premium Promotion. Some of you are getting the e-mails because the owner of the domain listed the name at Afternic with DLS Premium listing.

Whenever searching for names at SN, I always DISABLE names under:

Buy it Now &
Make Offer

The options SELECTED are:

In Auction &
Available Soon

Which always relate to Names about to drop or Expired names, as per my understanding.

Since I am NOT selecting the names being sold by Private Parties there is no way that the system is going to show me names which are part of the Afternic DLS Premium Promotion and yet the names are becoming available as Fixed Price First Come First Serve Listings.

This has happened with quite a few names I have been back-ordering and according to my observation happens with high value names which would sell for thousands if going to closed group Auctions.

Either I am going wrong somewhere or the system is showing me names which are NOT supposed to drop and are being offered by Private Sellers.

Also to add one important piece of information, I always add names in my SN account with the minimum bid of $59/$79. Now logic says that if its a high value .com name, a Private Seller will NEVER list such a name at an opening bid of $59/$79, the minimum Opening bid would always be much higher than that.

Something is definitely wrong somewhere.

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whenever searching for names at SN, I always DISABLE names under:

Buy it Now &
Make Offer

The options SELECTED are:

In Auction &
Available Soon

Which always relate to Names about to drop or Expired names, as per my understanding.

Since I am NOT selecting the names being sold by Private Parties there is no way that the system is going to show me names which are part of the Afternic DLS Premium Promotion and yet the names are becoming available as Fixed Price First Come First Serve Listings.

This has happened with quite a few names I have been back-ordering and according to my observation happens with high value names which would sell for thousands if going to closed group Auctions.

Either I am going wrong somewhere or the system is showing me names which are NOT supposed to drop and are being offered by Private Sellers.

Also to add one important piece of information, I always add names in my SN account with the minimum bid of $59/$79. Now logic says that if its a high value .com name, a Private Seller will NEVER list such a name at an opening bid of $59/$79, the minimum Opening bid would always be much higher than that.

Something is definitely wrong somewhere.

check the whois of these domains you have experienced this with, i bet they are not drops. it should be easy to tell.

vikrantjain22

Vik
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
check the whois of these domains you have experienced this with, i bet they are not drops. it should be easy to tell.

In that case they shouldn't be in the Available Soon Search which what I understand is for Expired/Deleting Names only, rather they should be in the Buy it Now or Make Offer Search.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In that case they shouldn't be in the Available Soon Search which what I understand is for Expired/Deleting Names only, rather they should be in the Buy it Now or Make Offer Search.

Available soon, they mean the auction will be coming soon.

I am pretty sure if you bid $79, it is not deleting domains. For deleting domains, $59.

vikrantjain22

Vik
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Available soon, they mean the auction will be coming soon.

The Auction doesnt even take place for the Good names, they straight away go to Fixed Price Listing and are First Come First Serve.
If its a Fixed Price Listing from the start then it shouldnt show the initial price as $79 and if its supposed to start an auction at a later date with the starting price as $79 then one fine day it should not transform into a Fixed Price Listing.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Auction doesnt even take place for the Good names, they straight away go to Fixed Price Listing and are First Come First Serve.
If its a Fixed Price Listing from the start then it shouldnt show the initial price as $79 and if its supposed to start an auction at a later date with the starting price as $79 then one fine day it should not transform into a Fixed Price Listing.

May be for some domain owners, they have no control over them. May be for some reasons, they (domain owners) might decide not to go ahead with the auction process.

Have you contacted their support panel? It's the best bet if you aren't happy with them.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't backorder names that are listed at Afternic with DLS Premium Promotion. This is the error I got:
The following names cannot be bulk ordered because they are available as Buy It Now Inventory. Please remove them from your bulk order and visit the SnapNames.com search page to purchase.
943.com

I got the e-mail today for that domain with a price tag of $24,000. I e-mailed customer support about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom