Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Backorder Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccm

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, if I backorder a name, I was the only one that could backorder it, now does that go by company, say if I wanted to backorder ccm.com with GoDaddy, and someone else with GoDaddy wanted to backorder it they couldn't, but,,,,if they used like snap, or another company, they could?
i am not so sure about this backorder thing, and companies like pool, make it even more expensive, and kind of shady, I think,,,,
any help?
Thanks,
Charles

ps,,i know i would never get ccm.com, it was just a hypothetical,,,, :-/

cnnetbiz

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ccm said:
I was wondering, if I backorder a name, I was the only one that could backorder it, now does that go by company, say if I wanted to backorder ccm.com with GoDaddy, and someone else with GoDaddy wanted to backorder it they couldn't, but,,,,if they used like snap, or another company, they could?
i am not so sure about this backorder thing, and companies like pool, make it even more expensive, and kind of shady, I think,,,,
any help?
Thanks,
Charles

ps,,i know i would never get ccm.com, it was just a hypothetical,,,, :-/

There are many companies offering back order service, like, snap name, pool . etc...

And they grab the name via the Registrar processing... who can grab it first can offer it to his customers. That is the reason why the backorder company woulk like to cooperate with Registrar very much.... So if you back order with some company, it doesn't make sure that you can gain such domain name, if such domain name was catched by other back order company. While, for the back oder company, if he cooperate with more registrar, he can gain more opportunity to catch the drop name.

Hope my answer will be any help...

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone can backorder domains - if the domain is popular you could have dozens of people with a backorder on the same name, (e.g miz.com currently has 112 bidders and stands at $1700 and addidas.com has 80 bidders and stands at $5600 - Enom!).
I think most backorder companies now have an auction process so unless you are very fortunate or your desired name is not popular, you would find that catching the name successfully is only the begining of the process - and expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom