Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Backordered Expiring Name - Have A Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNLease.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've just recently backordered my first domain name. It was a name that I was interested in that was set to expire on Sept. 7th, which I believe it did expire.

The name is registered at eNom. I noticed that the whois was updated on the 7th and the new expiration is now in 2010, but the domain now points to an eNom parking page.

If I backordered the domain through Snapnames, do I still have a chance of getting it? Or did eNom take control and ownership of the domain?

Any insight into this is much appreciated. Thanks.

-Scott

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it was caught by Enom, you should have placed a backorder at Namejet then. Looks like Snapnames didn't catch the domain.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With most backorders you only pay when you get it (GoDaddy charges you up front but gives you a "credit" if they don't get it).

It can take a few days for it to be registered and the account holder to be notified. If more than one person went for it, it'll go to auction (it should let you know).

If you want to be sure, check your NameJet account page but don't forget the US holiday, things are moving slowly. :)

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it expired on Sept 7th, not dropped, it will take some time before it does. First it has to go through redemption, etc...
But if the previous owner doesn't renew during redemption you might get it via pre-release at Namejet. Then it will never even drop.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, need to check the whois. Perhaps the name is not even in redemption yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom