Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

bad taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just noticed that someone registered InvadeUSA.com. According to the website, it says "Invasion Pending". I thought it was in bad taste. Hopefully it is a car or a band. I know of another gentleman who has an "invade Canada" spoof site but :rolleyes: in todays enviroment who knows whether to laugh.

Domain Days 2024

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namescanada said:
in todays enviroment who knows whether to laugh.
Although I agree that we are living in a very different era than say before the London bombing (and have made some serious adjustments accordingly), you may have overreacted a bit here. Take it easy. :)

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd like someone to try and invade Israel. As a nuclear power and one of the strongest militaries in the world they could do some serious damage to any country that tried. Just look at their track record.

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jojoyohan said:
I'd like someone to try and invade Israel. As a nuclear power and one of the strongest militaries in the world they could do some serious damage to any country that tried. Just look at their track record.
With remarks those anti-Israel remarks coming from Iran,I bet they will get involved in a war soon.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate but probably true. The only thing is that the US which is a big supporter of Israel might have a hard time deciding if it right to join them or remain neutral. This stupid war in Iraq might turn into a big debate.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jojoyohan said:
This stupid war in Iraq might turn into a big debate.

It isn't already?

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, doesn't sound too out of taste, could be good as a portal for information about an ingress effort into the CONUS to followup on the previous tactical "feeling" missions which were carried out with a relatively high level of success in the last 15 years... (9/11, WTC v1.0 in early 90s, OKC, etc.)

I doubt a traditional fullscale invasion portal site would be very sticky in the short term since overall US defenses (for CONUS) are reasonably high, but in terms of a continuance of the viral, guerilla type of small-scale pinches, I think that we will definitely see more.

As for it being in bad taste? Errrrr... that's a matter of opinion - there are far more contentious domains being exchanged here on a daily basis. Me thinks there is no problem with a member participating with a display name of invadeusa.com. :)

All IMHO and not representative of anyone else - personal or corporate entity. ;)

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom