Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Bank of America Buying Naughty Domain Names !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bank of America Buying Naughty Domain Names

By John P. Mello Jr., PCWorld Dec 23, 2010 2:11 PM
214858-zzbofa_180.jpg
It's a common practice among the disgruntled, Internet-savvy customers to create websites with embarrassing domain names to sharpen any axes they have to grind with Corporate America and its executives.

When confronted with these guerilla attacks against their prestige, most companies grin and bear it. That's not the case with Bank of America, which has taken the offensive against offending domain names by buying them up.

The bank has been feverishly registering domains that include the names of its directors and executives combined with "sucks" or "blows," according to Domain Name Wire. Hundreds of domain names were registered by the bank on December 17 alone, Domain Name Wire said.

Among the names registered by the bank to protect its CEO Brian Moynihan, for example, were BrianMoynihanBlows.com, BrianMoynihanSucks.com, BrianTMoynihanBlows.com, and BrianTMoynihanSucks.com. In addition to the .com domains for those names, .net and .org versions were also registered (though .info seems to have escaped the bank's notice).

Other officials receiving domain protection include CFO Charles Noski, Chairman Charles Holliday, and board member Charles Rossotti.

Apparently the bank's campaign to avert naughty domain names being created with their executive's monikers isn't very systematic. For example, the names of all board members are protected from .com abuse except for Monica C. Lozano and Thomas May, according to Chris Nemey at IT World.

Despite its domain buying spree, there is one domain that it can't buy, and it's probably the most important naughty domain of all: bankofamericasucks.com.

companyone

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This missed: bankofsatan .com

It had been, re-directed to: Bank Of America's home page.....I guess they must have got a "flurry of" C/D's and lawsuit threats...as it goes to a 'blank page' now.

They cannot register them all.... :)

BTW; when is 'wiki-leaks' going to come out with all the 'damaging info.....they said they were going to do with regards to this?

Peace!
Dan

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Among the names registered by the bank to protect its CEO Brian Moynihan, for example, were BrianMoynihanBlows.com, BrianMoynihanSucks.com, BrianTMoynihanBlows.com, and BrianTMoynihanSucks.com. In addition to the .com domains for those names, .net and .org versions were also registered (though .info seems to have escaped the bank's notice).

This seems normal practices, GD does that as well.
I was surprised to see when I worked there they owned adamdickersucks.com, after I left they let it drop.

-=DCG=-

-=DCG=-

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they also don't own the crown jewel of their domain needs. BOA.com Wonder whet that guy is holding out for?

Domainster

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Because it's BofA and they do own BofA.com :D

tomsa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to see when I worked there they owned adamdickersucks.com, after I left they let it drop.

Thanks I just registered that one :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom