Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Bank of Canada says recession over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
They want your money.

Reece

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They're going to need it :lol:

Funny that the news here always talks about things being so much worse in the USA but when you factor in how small the Canadian population is, we're not doing much better than our friends to the South when it comes to deficits in '09.

They want your money.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$8 billion deficit last two months. Things are not over yet, even the head of the BofC admitted - it's over for the rich while the peons will continue to suffer with job losses, wage stagnation and few prospects moving ahead.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
it's over for the rich while the peons will continue to suffer with job losses, wage stagnation and few prospects moving ahead.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were talking about what Obama has done for the USA.

Funny that the news here always talks about things being so much worse in the USA but when you factor in how small the Canadian population is, we're not doing much better than our friends to the South when it comes to deficits in '09.

Exactly, this is the point I made in a prior thread about Canada... And it's not just deficits, If Canada had near the population that of the USA, they would also have the problems we have, but on a much larger scale.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see it over here. I'm visiting my hometown of Chatham-Kent for a couple of weeks and hear nothing but bad news. Most young people don't stick around any more because job opportunties that were once here are just gone. Its a shame really but no surprise since this area was/is so dependant upon the auto industry. We're renting a cottage on lake erie. Its really beautiful. Huge waves right now :)

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The news media is really overplaying the Bank of Canada announcement, the BoC should have downplayed this news - maybe just have said recovery is starting or we're coming off the bottom, but saying it's over is a bit much when so many people are out of work, and the US hasn't recovered yet (which we are to a large extent dependant on).

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you think they would lie to us? :pound:

If its on the news it must be true. :D j/k

:yo:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this the same as RBC? Or is the Bank of Canada as implied in this thread different from Royal Bank of Canada?

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this the same as RBC? Or is the Bank of Canada as implied in this thread different from Royal Bank of Canada?

Not the same as RBC...

The Bank of Canada is the nation's central bank. We are not a commercial bank and do not offer banking services to the public. Rather, we have responsibilities for Canada's monetary policy, bank notes, financial system, funds management. Our principal role, as defined in the Bank of Canada Act, is "to promote the economic and financial welfare of Canada."

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
read it in the news today. wow.... I thought action speaks louder than words.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With record setting unemployment in my state, I sure hope that canuck enthusiasm spills over the border.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

It's Canada's "fed"

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just another reason why the Canadians can not be trusted and another reason why we should be deploying troops to our northern border and building fences and moats there.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had to laugh when I read this statement.

Everything is just a state of mind, maybe their trying to brain wash us lol

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never under estimate the power of positive thinking but at the same time, plan for the worse. Who knows. All the fear mongering on US cable news channels can't help any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom