Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Be careful about copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A young monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to help the other monks copy the old canons and laws of the church by hand.

He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies, not from the original manuscript. So the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up. In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk, says, "We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son." So, he goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery where the original manuscripts are kept in a locked vault that hadn't been opened for hundreds of years.

Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot. So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him. He sees the abbot banging his head against the wall and wailing, "We missed the 'R,' we missed the 'R'."

His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying uncontrollably.

The young monk asks the old abbot, "What's wrong, father?"

With a choking voice, the old abbot replies, "The word was CELEBRATE."

Domain Days 2024

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance of this funny story.
by the way, I still don't get the point of the story, but I want to understand the story and laugh like the other members.

Could you guys tell me, if R is omitted from CELEBRATE, it will be "CELEBATE"? What does "CELEBATE" mean anyways?

"With a choking voice, the old abbot replies, "The word was CELEBRATE."

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, it means to not marry and abstain.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
sorry, please delete this post. Now I understand it.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
???????
So this joke makes it that the abbot thought till now that they were not suppose to marry and have sex but after checking the manuscript, it was actually telling them to celebrate?

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Now I understand it fully ! Ha Ha Ha.
It is so funny ! No wonder the abbot was so mad and angry!
Thank you guys for the answer. Sorry for my slow understanding!

"Why are Catholic priests celebate?" celebate is a slang !!!!! I found it google.com
http://www.atforumz.com/showthread.php?t=264408

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great joke !

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice one!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is artistic licence here. "Celebate" is the wrong spelling. It sould be "celibate". But it's close enough. And it can mean both to abstain from sex and not to be married.

bdss

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is artistic licence here. "Celebate" is the wrong spelling. It sould be "celibate". But it's close enough. And it can mean both to abstain from sex and not to be married.

contunuing your explanation it is And it can mean both to abstain from sex and not to be married for religious reasons .....FANTASTIC JOKE Azooza I almost fell off my chair.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your fantastic answer ! :peace:

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great joke Azooza. do you still have more..lol

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I only try and do good ones, so I don't post many. Also some of the better ones aren't suitable for posting here ;-) I'll have a look in my 'joke' folder and see if I can find another one or two ... Might even start a joke site actually. Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good Job, aZooZa ! :peace: :peace: :peace:

I only try and do good ones, so I don't post many. Also some of the better ones aren't suitable for posting here ;-) I'll have a look in my 'joke' folder and see if I can find another one or two ... Might even start a joke site actually. Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom