Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.be dns question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:-D I have a .be that I noticed that a top .be has their dns pointed to my domain, how do I make that traffic come to my site? :cheesy:

Domain Days 2024

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just so that I understand:

You own x.be

top.be is pointing their DNS to your domain ?? Or their DNS server is listed as being your domain?

If the latter, you would have to setup a DNS server at your domain and then redirect traffic as you thought appropriate.

If they are actually pointing their domain to your host ip in their DNS, then you should be able to respond to THEIR domain by creating a virtual host within your web server configuration file. You would add a virtual host with their domain name on your server, and have it respond with HTML data from a specific directory, etc. It depends whether your server is using Apache or IIS.

Rob

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You'd have to set up a DNS server that would respond at the NS and NS2 subdomains at itenera.be and then you could basically have top-name.be resolve to any web server you wish.

I don't want to refer you to any specific providers (probably against DNF TOS) but try this customised Google Search.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom