Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Beat Pool, NW & TFN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did backorders with Pool, NW & TFN for a .org that I wanted (probably not much competition but I wanted a good chance to get it!).
Got up this morning and checked the Pool account, as it was scheduled to drop yesterday - account still showed it as awaiting the drop. Checked with PIR.org and saw "maybe available" so attempted a hand reg with Enom - "successful".
Just goes to show, it's always worth a check to see if you can get it on your own - but what were the other three doing with such an easy catch - getting lazy I guess!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
now you got me paranoid.
I am going to check some domains that I wanted for personal reasons that werent caught, who knows, maybe they are available???
:)

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you really got it regged via the whois once the propagation is complete. Godaddy & Enom does really funny stuff when it comes to domains like this waiting to be dropped. I had a similar situation, had the name hand regged to later find that Godaddy made a mistake and refunded back the reg fee to my cc.

NW

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whois from PIR.org showed it was mine within moments of Enom confirming the reg. :)

M

mole

Mr Webname said:
Did backorders with Pool, NW & TFN for a .org that I wanted (probably not much competition but I wanted a good chance to get it!).
Got up this morning and checked the Pool account, as it was scheduled to drop yesterday - account still showed it as awaiting the drop. Checked with PIR.org and saw "maybe available" so attempted a hand reg with Enom - "successful".
Just goes to show, it's always worth a check to see if you can get it on your own - but what were the other three doing with such an easy catch - getting lazy I guess!

What name was it, web?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
What name was it, web?

Nothing of great general value mole, but useful to me - thesecurity.org.
Used as "The Security Organization" it will compliment several of my security-related sites and was, for me, a good catch and saved paying $60min (Pool), $45min (TFN) or $8.75 (NW).
Irrespective of its being of little value to resellers I am surprised that at least two of the three catch services made no attempt to profit from my desire to have the name.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not so - it was listed at Pool where I had a BO on it, they just didn't bother to collect!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Had pool do that to me.
I logged in and saw a few names set to drop on a date that was a few weeks ago, and hand regged them all. Pool missed a few.
Saved me $53 on each one, just glad I got them finally.
I suggest checking pool - log in and try to hand reg any name you had a backorder on and you will see, chances are you too can find names they ignore.

aptimass

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have followed .org's for some time now, and they are not nearly as predictable as .net or .com. They can "drop" nearly anytime during the day, and often they will not drop the day that you calculate for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom