Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Becareful with "Domain Security Update" emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received below email and when i clicked the link it took me to the following website.
Be careful and dont put any login info.

http://godaddy.com.gfhjgh78h687fg6h...gin.aspxSPKey=update/goddady-update/index.php

Dear Customer,

This notification is generated automatically as a service to you.

Because of unusual number of invalid login attempts on you account, we had to believe that, their might be some security problem on you account. So we have decided to put an extra verification process to ensure your identity and your account security.
Please click on sign in to domain servers to continue to the verification process and ensure your account security. It is all about your security. Thank you. and visit the customer service section.

please contact us within 1 days.

If you need to address this matter, or in any way need further assistance or technical support, call us any time at (480) 505-8877 or email us at [email protected]. We appreciate your business!

Sincerely,
GoDaddy.com DomainAlert team

Go Daddy

GoDaddy.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good catch! There are lots of Phishing scams out there, be careful! Always call your account manager if your unsure. If you dont have an account manager at Go Daddy, call the below number to get one. It's one more step to better security. When you call, ask about our transfer validation service as well.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got like 7 of these this morning, but I noticed the cyber-edge.com URL which didn't make sense. So they were deleted in an instant together with the rest of the spam and scam attempts I receive daily.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got similar email but noticed that there is no forward / after .com in the url and when i did the hover, i knew it was phish link

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look at the periods in the link (especially the last one) and then you can see if it's kosher. Like cyberedge is the last before any forward slashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom