Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Been watching Adam's broadcasts on TheArtOfTheName.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been watching Adam's broadcasts on 'TheArtOfTheName.com' and a few things have struck me.

- That is a 5, yes 5 word domain name! (I guess there are always exceptions to the advice given.) :rolleyes:

- Adam, you really do need to get some more sleep - tennis isn't THAT important! (Now if it were rugby that would be different.) ;)

- If I ever mangage to talk to Adam again I hope it is before his 3rd coffee of the morning. :lol:

- But the biggest surprise of all was that at the time of writing this post there were only 367 subscribers to TheArtOfTheName.com! :eek:

Seriously though, this is a great resource.

Now, considering Adam is giving advice freely on these vids I am totally amazed that every newbie, and I repeat EVERY NEWBIE, has not automatically subscribed. Now I am no newbie for sure but if nothing else I know I can still learn (and hell, being a maverick I need to learn a heck of a lot about everyday domaining) but just to spend 15-20 minutes watching Adam's vids is well worth it.

So come on all, each of you should do yourself a favour, subscribe and watch the vids.

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it would be cool if Adam would use a voice to text converter like domain sherpa. I am absolutely positive the advice Adam gives is incredible but my attention span is too short to watch a whole video. Let me rip through reading some text as quickly as I want and I'd be a daily visitor.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find Adam's videoblogs superb ! They're really relevant and I even find it eerie that a couple of times it felt like he was referring to my individual case and to the mistakes I've made, misconceptions and false hopes, ie keep renewing names waiting for that elusive end user and/or for the top of the market to come back. I conclude I've made every single mistake the average domainer makes the early years and a few extra ones of my own doing. And Adam, it's great that you have the only daily videoblog in domaining but you don't necessarily record them every morning, that would be exhausting and there are days you won't feel like facing a cam all day long, so doing a couple of episodes in one shot works. His advice is not only for the new ones in this space, it applies to all. I have to watch again one or two that concern SEO where the screen shows the search engine results, for instance.

And they're not entirely about domaining in the strict sense, they're sometimes about business, and domaining is both art AND business, if you don't understand the common sense biz part you won't last long. Some examples are from the general business world but apply perfectly to domaining. It's nice to hear Andee Hill's name brought up for instance, it made me feel important lol, I happened to end up emailing with her accidentally after a mishap (the other guy's fault) at Escrow.com where she's a top manager. I first thought she was the manager overseeing all GD deals that automatically get sent to Escrow.com (sales of $1,000 or higher through GD Auctions) but it turns out she's one of the top people there, wow. She was nice and fair to me. GD normally sends you to Ryan Bogue, their contact for customers at Escrow.com.

I also learned TRAFFIC isn't just one more domainer get together like Domainfest (is that one going away ?) or others. So if you can pay for travel expenses and admission fees it is the conference to be at. It must be hard to make the videoblog balanced (so that noobs, those in the middle and pros can all find it just right) but Adam seems to pull it of somehow. Maybe some episodes are more advanced than others, and some are more basic, but they don't bore any pro or drive away any noob. I haven't watched them all, I know he began in November 2012 and I don't watch them in sequence, I should.

Adam, these are probably part of the pipeline but in case not:

1) The TM infringement threat we all face even if we're not aware of, that would be great, as far as when it's worth to fight, even respond, hire Zak for those who can afford a great IP lawyer

2) Which blogs/newletters/advice to subscribe to/follow/listen to, that would also be valuable, there are so many. Yours, of course but who else's ? I've subscribed to so many that I resent reading a lot just to get tired and stop, then I may have missed the better ones that were to come later, or if I save them for after then the writing is outdated even if it hasn't been that long

Thanks so much for all the hard work and I look forward to following it !

(JStewart / Bill Roy, I agree 'theArtoftheName' is a superb choice for a domaining blog. But where did you get that he looks sleepy, or tired lol ? I don't think he does in any of the ones I watched, the relaxed atmosphere he uses is great. And I don't think there's need for a text version of the videos, it is when you use voice, intonation and how you stress things that you get the point across, I'm not against a written option for the blog, but it would take away from the fact that Adam is talking to you individually, not merely writing a column)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom