Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Being Bidder #2 on Snapnames

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRIYE

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Being Bidder #2 on Snapnames

A few days ago, I was searching through Snapnames auctions for domain names with bids. I frequently do this to see if there are any names I happen to like that already have bids. I don’t use any software or tools to look through all of the expiring/dropping names, so this is an easy way to see what others have interest in buying.

Two domain names that had one bid each caught my eye. One was a singular version and the other was the plural of the other name. I placed a bid on the singular version a couple of days before it was set to drop, meaning the name would go into a private auction with all of those who placed a back order.

Since I was the second bidder, I figured I wouldn’t be the high bidder and would have the option to bid on it or allow the first bidder to get it at the minimum bid. I was surprised when I received the email informing me that the name went to auction, and I was the high bidder.

After a couple of phone calls with Snapnames, I learned that what happened was the original bidder placed his bid two or three years ago, and when the name dropped, he was entered into the auction. However, because his credit card had expired by the time the name dropped, Snapnames suspended his account, and as a result, I was moved into the leading bidder position.

With the events that transpired recently, I was concerned that this was another similar type of issue, but was relieved to learn it was not. This is something to be mindful of when you place a back order, just in case it’s not a name you are completed interested in buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom