Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Best.com Bags Top Spot on the Domain Sales Chart Covering the Past Two Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was away covering the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. New York conference last week so we have published a double-length report for you this week that will bring you completely up to date on all sales reported to us since our last column October 21. Leading the way is a trio of six-figure sales, one of which broke the $300,000 mark. You can get all of the details here:
http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Some refreshing news amidst the Halvarez manurefest - thanks Ron.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ron, i was hoping you could clarify this portion of this weeks list for my personal enlightenment:

The AfternicDLS also utilized other services to complete some additional sales under their expanded promotion program. Sedo closed six of those sales; PolicyExpert.com ($3,590), PropertyForLease.com ($3,500), IndependentLifestyle.com ($3,141), ChromeZone.com ($2,500), DigitalIllustration.com ($2,500) and HealthierChoices.com ($2,240). In addition SnapNames sold GeekMom.com for the AfternicDLS at $2,388.

would those be the only domains sold through afternic's expanded promotion program, or are there many more sales from other outlets that are not reported?

thanks

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Considering the Snapnames confession, and also considering the outing of a Godaddy VP bidding against clueless suckers at TDNAM auction(s) back in 2008, I think all of the auction results mentioned at dnjournal should be eyed with skepticism. What's obvious is that DOMAINERS WITHOUT THE ADVANTAGE OF WORKING FROM THE INSIDE OF THE AUCTION HOUSE HAVE BEEN SCREWED BY AT LEAST TWO OF THE BIGGEST PLAYERS IN THE INDUSTRY.

IMHO, it puts in question all of the auction results reported by dnjournal.com. In fact, for any domain periodical to continue publishing auction results without mentioning that the results may be tainted by cheating and shill bidding is arguably irresponsible.

Oddly, Snapnames results still appear in the data as though they are still credible. What nonsense. Hey, what the heck, whatever it takes to keep the wheels greased.

Need another tissue Ron?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ron, i was hoping you could clarify this portion of this weeks list for my personal enlightenment:

would those be the only domains sold through afternic's expanded promotion program, or are there many more sales from other outlets that are not reported?

thanks

AfternicDLS has many sales through other outlets on their expanded promotion platform and they include those in their sales reports to us. I only break out the ones that are completed on other venues that report to us so that both reporting sites that have a role in the sale are credited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom