Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Best domain to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been in the domain industry for a while and there are so many things that i still dont understand. Most profession domainer will say buy rich keyword domains which high volume of searches. But when you check the weekly domain sales at dnjournal you will discover that most domains that top the sales chart are not keyword domains. Most of the names that sell for top dollar are brandable domains that dont make sense. From what i have learnt brandable domains are like gamble.... so my question is how do someone buy a domain and what kind of domain is best to buy ?

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Short Generic terms have gained the highest resale, not brand domain names.

Buy the keyword rich domains if the generics is unavailable of the topics you desire and money is an issue. Resale profit is a little lower. ( Most domainers)

Buy the generic if money is not an issue. Resale profit could be a lot higher. (Most domainers goal )

http://www.domaining.com/topsales/

grawmaster

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, it depends on finding the end-user who is willing to pay for a good domain.
You can find the end-user by getting E-mail lists of potential end-users for each domain.
You may use software which has lead generator function to find E-mail. :)

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks CKB for that link, but for me money is an issue. Although i aspire to enter the 5-7 figure range but i have a start some where. I have purchase some keywords domains that are still waiting to sell. So in my case what domains should i go for?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. dictionary terms (.com/.net/.org)
2. Keyword domains (min. 500 exact searches)
3. CVCV, LLL (.com/.net/.org)
4. NNNN.com domains
5. Sayings (ex. FightIt.com)
6. Brandable domains (Buy it if you can afford to keep them longer.)

Check for the recent sales here: http://dnsaleprice.com before buying domains.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks CKB for that link, but for me money is an issue. Although i aspire to enter the 5-7 figure range but i have a start some where. I have purchase some keywords domains that are still waiting to sell. So in my case what domains should i go for?

Don't just wait be a little more proactive.

You should GO FOR domains that are hot topics, domains that interest you, domains that you have experience related too, and domains with lots of potential end users.

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. dictionary terms (.com/.net/.org)
2. Keyword domains (min. 500 exact searches)
3. CVCV, LLL (.com/.net/.org)
4. NNNN.com domains
5. Sayings (ex. FightIt.com)
6. Brandable domains (Buy it if you can afford to keep them longer.)

Check for the recent sales here: http://dnsaleprice.com before buying domains.

what do you mean by CVCV and NNNN.com?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i just an advice from a professional domainer that i should invest into domain with a min of 1000 exact search and PPC above $1. I have found domains within that fall into range, but i discover that although their CPC is high but nobody is actually paying for the ads. Do you think its worth buying?

elevatoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i just an advice from a professional domainer that i should invest into domain with a min of 1000 exact search and PPC above $1. I have found domains within that fall into range, but i discover that although their CPC is high but nobody is actually paying for the ads. Do you think its worth buying?

Krest
You also need to consider the niche and find what people realy want then look for the keyword reach of say 1000 and cpc should be reasonable $1 plus; though percentage defers. Cheers.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please dont buy weirdly worded phrases that dont make sense and then try to sell them.

Buy dogfood,...not fooddog, just because it has the keywords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom