Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Best email virus cleaner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
norton av

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the home pc, then Norton Antivirus with live updates & the latest virus definitions.

For web servers, MailScanner(mailscanner.info). We use it on all our servers and have been quite satisfied with the results.

NW

Kyric

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apparently Norton AV Professional is the best as you benefit from "Adware" checker as well..... adware can be far far worse than viruses because it can download more viruses as I recently learned.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find that Firetrust Mailwasher Pro and Norton Internet Security 2004 (includes AV) combine to give a high degree of protection and also aids in the fight against spam.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kyric said:
Apparently Norton AV Professional is the best as you benefit from "Adware" checker as well..... adware can be far far worse than viruses because it can download more viruses as I recently learned.

interesting.
I have NAV 2004 Pro but it doesnt say anything about chaking for adware, and in fact it has never detected any adware.
Did you need to activate something for this feature?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
interesting.
I have NAV 2004 Pro but it doesnt say anything about chaking for adware, and in fact it has never detected any adware.
Did you need to activate something for this feature?

From NIS - Not Adaware but:-
Many sites use flashy banner ads and open secondary windows to get visitors' attention. In the Ad Blocking window, you can control the display of banner ads on Web pages and ads that appear in secondary browser windows.

The Ad Trashcan helps you create a customized list of ads to block. You can drag, or cut and paste, the ad graphic from the Web site into the ad trashcan dialog box to add its URL to the list.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks.
Yes, it has that feature on mine.
but for adware removal, I use adaware

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom