Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Best hosting site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megabet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I need a host for several of my domains. Which is the best hosting site? Host gator? host monster? Need some advice

xmax22

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use HG for few years now never had any problems and i like there support on demand.

VTEC

Flying at 9.200 rpm...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In a post that I wrote on my blog, I covered the top 3 hosting co's by the amount of domains they have with them.

This was the breakdow with daily gains and Total domains.

DreamHost.com gained 684 domains using there hosting service. They currently have 650,934 using there hosting.

BlueHost.com gained 765 domains using there hosting service. They currently have 415,798 using there hosting.

Hostgator.com gained 545 domains using there hosting service. They currently have 178,538 using there hosting.

Last edited by a moderator:

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HostGator.com oversell, as do DreamHost. HG have some good reviews, although they also have their fair share of bad reviews.

Please, please: go for KnownHost.com or ASmallOrange.com (i.e. good hosts), they both have been great for me.

Also check around on WebHostingTalk.com :)

Vinternatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to have a sharing plan in DreamHost for my big site. Their panel is easy to use. Their hosting plan is good but when your site becomes a little popular and when you start to get 8000-9000 uniques in a day, they suspend your account immediately. If you want to create a popular site I suggest you to start with a small Virtual Dedicated Server if you have a small budget. Otherwise when your site gets popular you'll get in trouble with moving your site etc.

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to have a sharing plan in DreamHost for my big site. Their panel is easy to use. Their hosting plan is good but when your site becomes a little popular and when you start to get 8000-9000 uniques in a day, they suspend your account immediately. If you want to create a popular site I suggest you to start with a small Virtual Dedicated Server if you have a small budget. Otherwise when your site gets popular you'll get in trouble with moving your site etc.
I'm glad to hear you liked them :)

Although I would always stay away from a host that oversells as much as DreamHost, simply because, as you say, the moment you start using up a decent amount of bandwidth, they suspend you. Great service.... that's like getting banned from DNF for posting more than twice in 10 minutes :)

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go get a reseller package at Resellerzoom.com, i have been with them for two years and have no single problem.

Megabet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow..guys thanks for all the info and help...This forum has been well!!!! worth my money!!!! Good people here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shutdown

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you should go with hostgator...
image3.jpg

blacknight

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you want and how technical you are.

Some of the cheaper hosting providers might be fine for the technically minded, but if you need good customer service then you may need to pay a bit more.

As for overselling - most hosting providers do that to some degree :)

snowwhite

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you want and how technical you are.

Some of the cheaper hosting providers might be fine for the technically minded, but if you need good customer service then you may need to pay a bit more.

As for overselling - most hosting providers do that to some degree
greensmile.gif

Def. even if HG oversells, I've enjoyed their customer services in the few days I've been using them.

webmartin

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I switched to 24hostingnow a month ago because of the very positive remarks I had read on the web. It is a very sturdy and strong company in the hosting business. They offer a large range of features for a very competitive price. I think 24hostingnow is best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom