Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

best negotiation tactics in this (.net) case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i own "mykeyword".net and would really like mykeywordS.net (more popular search term and the plural version for this particular keyword ) was for sale on sedo as a best offer / negotiate. i would really like that domain so i originally offered $375. Seller replied asking for $1500. We replied back and forth through Sedo and I closed the negotiations. Now this domain came back up on Sedo as BIN $325. Yes I can buy that domain now, sure, but since I feel the seller is desperate, can I get away with $100 offer or what do you guys think???

btw, i hand reg mykeyword.net for $4.95 at Netfirms few weeks ago. the dotcom versions are both on sedo for $5k +
eventually i would like to buy the .com version, but cant afford them at this moment!

estibot for mykeywordS.net ( the domain i want to acquire) is $690

the keyword was registered in october 2010, and expires in a couple of months, and looks like a hand reg by a domainer. I am not positive that the seller will not drop the domain, or that no one else will pick it up. i dont want to really risk it, but if i can save some $$$, that would be awesome

what do you guys think???? TIA

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would think a $100 offer is too low on Sedo, consider when you take out their commission the seller is left with nothing.

They have already come down $1200, it looks like they are trying to get you back with a slightly lower price than you offered.

If you really need to save the $$$, put in an offer at $200.

It's possible they could take offense and not sell on principal if your offer is too low.

Aristo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks hugegrowth,

sedo does eat profit if you trying to sell a hand reg for about 100-200. im going to try to sell a lot of my domains here, as long as i get fair offers

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why don't you buy the .com instead of the .net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom